Falcons Scouting Report (1 Viewer)

abnrgr

Rangers Lead the Way!
Reaction score
This is going to be a tough game.

Defense: Falcons blitz a lot sending five rushers and have had great success with it. When they rush four they have very little success. Blitz package gave fits to Bridgewater, Lock and Cousins. It worked well against Stafford but for some reason they didn’t blitz much that game. They will bring the heavy blitz on us. They are susceptible to the draw and misdirection because of their style. TEs have also hurt them. Running the ball is a huge key to this game.

Offense: Falcons have largely fixed their offensive line problems. Sacks have mostly been coverage sacks with few breakdowns. The tackles can be beat one on one with speed but I’ve only seen that maybe once a game. To beat their line it’s going to require our guys winning single matchups or blitzing the A gap which has given the Falcons some trouble. I’m concerned about the Falcons passing game which is tearing teams up. They are fast and playing on the fast track of the dome. Turnovers from Ryan are rare and he is playing at a high level.

Game plan should be run the ball and shorten the game. Use misdirection and screens. Power running game and play action. Defense don’t give up the big play and win with the front four with maybe a blitzing LB up the middle.

ST needs to bring it.

Close game and I don’t think we cover the spread but I think we can win. I see why CSP is going with Taysom Hill. Division game it’s 50/50 coin toss.

Atlanta should be 6-3 with losses to Seattle and Green Bay who attacked them deep. That’s why I think power running game and play action deep is the right answer to win. It’s the formula that beat CSP teams in years past. The Falcons are largely a Saints carbon copy from before 2017.

Agree they’re going to be very tough. Especially offensively. Hopefully Lattimore is good to go because we’re going to need all hands on deck in the DBackfield.

I do think our defense is gelling and playing great football right now. Even though their OLine has improved, I’m still hopeful our D Front can get some major pressure. They’re playing lights out right now.

We’re gonna win this game, but get ready for a headache of the secondary. I’m telling you, CGJ consistently gets abused in pass coverage. Put on any game highlights on YouTube post week 2, and I bet you everytime when the secondary gets killed or allow a 10-15 yard completion, it’s mostly CGJ. You’ll be surprised.

I’m so worried about their WRs versus our secondary lol. Any Saints fan should.

Other than losing our all world QB how does the injury report look? I don’t like they have a bye coming into this game. Will be tough for sure.

We will be playing the run run option with Taysom. So that's the offensive part of the equation. But, if we get behind several scores, that could be a problem.

Blitz Taysom at your own risk. You blitz and the secondary is in man with their back to the play, Taysom could be off to the races.

It's going to be strange to see a Saints QB who can tuck and run for 20 or 30 yards like some of these other mobile QBs. I think they'd be better of doing the old mush rush keeping Hill in the pocket and playing coverage behind it. I'd force him to be beat me with his arm.

They Blitz because they literally have no one to rush the passer. Someone is always going to be wide open, just have to find them and pull the trigger.

Blitz Taysom at your own risk. You blitz and the secondary is in man with their back to the play, Taysom could be off to the races.

It's going to be strange to see a Saints QB who can tuck and run for 20 or 30 yards like some of these other mobile QBs. I think they'd be better of doing the old mush rush keeping Hill in the pocket and playing coverage behind it. I'd force him to be beat me with his arm.

Taysom still likely gets 5+ a carry even if they do play coverage. He's too fast for a defensive lineman to catch. It's sort of a pick your poison. I think the bigger question (or worry for Saints fans) is if Taysom's body can handle the repeated abuse of his playstyle.

Taysom still likely gets 5+ a carry even if they do play coverage. He's too fast for a defensive lineman to catch. It's sort of a pick your poison. I think the bigger question (or worry for Saints fans) is if Taysom's body can handle the repeated abuse of his playstyle.

Have to think/hope that Taysom is more careful while he is the primary QB... don’t be afraid to step out of bounds or slide if a hit is coming and he’s already made the line to gain. If it comes down to a defender between Taysom and the end zone though? ...Flick the right directional stick and initiate the “truck stick”!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom