Falcons send Sanu to Pats (1 Viewer)

Falcons have to get rid of people. They are stuck in a near impossible salary cap issue next year. They have more than their anticipated salary cap allotment into 22 players, and not much of that money can be moved around to free things up. Their money guy has done a horrible job. It will be a very interesting offseason for them as their drafting has been poor, and they have horribly overpaid and structured a lot of contracts.
That presents a TERRIBLE outlook for the next few years. They’ll have a new coach, probably a new GM, and major roster turnover. They’ll be the division whipping boys for the foreseeable future.

That presents a TERRIBLE outlook for the next few years. They’ll have a new coach, probably a new GM, and major roster turnover. They’ll be the division whipping boys for the foreseeable future.

How do they have the collateral to keep adding players?

They’ve figured out how to game the comp. pick system for years. They were waaayyyy ahead of the curve and now they end up with multiple comp picks every year, so they can afford to trade their own for “win-now”players when they need them.

They’re just brilliant when it comes to that.

Geez, if Sanu cost a 2nd round pick, how much does AJ Green and Emmanuel Sander cost? This is nuts!!!

Geez, if Sanu cost a 2nd round pick, how much does AJ Green and Emmanuel Sander cost? This is nuts!!!

Green isn’t likely to be dealt and Sanders will get a 3rd max (likely a 4th).

Sanu’s contract, plus the Pats’ need for a WR and draft capital made them more willing to overspend. I’m happy it took them out of the running for someone like Sanders.

So Muhammed Sanu will catch 3 TDs the rest of the season to give him 28 for his career.

Like that's gonna happen.

Green isn’t likely to be dealt and Sanders will get a 3rd max (likely a 4th).

Sanu’s contract, plus the Pats’ need for a WR and draft capital made them more willing to overspend. I’m happy it took them out of the running for someone like Sanders.
The Green conjecture is silly on the pundits part. Cincy must deal him and get what they can at this point.

The big question is will this make Ridley a more solid #3 WR option for my fantasy team?

He is a good player. He will do well there, IMO. a 2nd Is good value for the Pats.
I think the Pats got robbed. A 2nd for a 30 year old receiver who has never come close to a 1000 yard season? If he were 25 I would consider this a decent deal.

I think the Pats got robbed. A 2nd for a 30 year old receiver who has never come close to a 1000 yard season? If he were 25 I would consider this a decent deal.
is he that old?? then I am inclined to agree with you.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom