Falcons send Sanu to Pats (1 Viewer)

This is great for us and great timing. Sanu was always open on a crossing route to convert 3rd-and-long. If we have 2-3 DB's out he would have posed a problem. Now we have gimpy Ryan with one less outlet.

Good point.

Another positive: Patriots were our chief competition for WRs at the deadline bc they have so much trade-able draft capital. Falcons would have never traded with us anyway, so this opens up the possibility for someone like Sanders.

(edit: somehow I completely missed that RedJem already said that, lol. Great minds think alike)

Last edited:
Seems like a good trade on both sides. Pats get a really good WR #2 under contract for this year and the next and the Falcons get a 2nd rounder + 6.5M of cap space next year. Also not bad for us because the Falcons gets weaker and less competition for Sanders

:scratch: I wonder if their new coach will be okay with the Failyuns Fire Sale going on now? :scratch:

That seems like a pretty high price for a guy like Sanu. I like him, but a 2nd rounder feels a tad expensive. Then I remember that the Pats usually get thrown a couple extra picks every year from the NFL, and it makes more sense
This
I was mad about this until I saw the priice
Now I’m meh about it

That is a VERY solid trade for both sides. Patriots gave up what will likely be, at best the 29, or 30th pick in the second round, no way do they not at least make it to the AFC Championship Game. Sanu is a very good WR, he would be a #1 on some teams and a SOLID #2 on most other teams.

It does not make the price for Sanders or Green "go up" it makes their price go down. One of the major competitors for both was the Patriots. A second-rounder for a player like Sanu, a one and a half year rental, means that Sanders and Green can likely be had for fourth-round picks.

Heck, I would call Atlanta and offer a second-round pick for Calvin Ridley. He is under contract through 2021 at very reasonable numbers. What are they going to do, hang up? If the Patriots can throw a second at Sanu, we can throw a second at Ridley,

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom