Falcons send Sanu to Pats (1 Viewer)

Bet no one was saying, "we made it to the Superbowl without another receiving threat, we don't need to add a receiver."

You get to numerous Superbowls by trying to get to numerous Superbowls. That means doing the things to sure up your roster and not saying we've been fine so far. That mentality has bit us in the butt the last 2 years. Address the issue and perhaps we're talking about making it to a superbowl instead of saying we got close with the team we have.
talent had nothing to do with us not getting to the super bowl the last 2 years. we had the players not the luck

talent had nothing to do with us not getting to the super bowl the last 2 years. we had the players not the luck

Luck? You're fine the season coming down to an unlucky call? That's the difference. How about making sure that game is out of reach. That's what I'm saying. Push to better by our own standards.

A 2nd round pick for Sanu is very steep, this just raised the price on any wr the Saints are looking at.

Very steep price for a 30 year old WR.

A 2nd round pick for Sanu is very steep, this just raised the price on any wr the Saints are looking at.

Don’t think so. Contract situation and Patriots willingness to part with that much makes it different than Sanders, Green, etc.

Plus, if Denver is planning to trade Sanders, they’re going to take whatever the best offer is. If the best they have on the table from anyone is a 4th, they won’t just hold onto him because they want a 3.

Pats overpaid. Sanu is not worth a 2nd at this stage of his career. Pick should have been a 4th. It’ll drive up the price on others.

That seems like a pretty high price for a guy like Sanu. I like him, but a 2nd rounder feels a tad expensive. Then I remember that the Pats usually get thrown a couple extra picks every year from the NFL, and it makes more sense
It's ridiculously high for Sanu. Maybe if he had 4 years left on a deal, but for 1½ years? Falcons made out in that trade.

Falcons have to get rid of people. They are stuck in a near impossible salary cap issue next year. They have more than their anticipated salary cap allotment into 22 players, and not much of that money can be moved around to free things up. Their money guy has done a horrible job. It will be a very interesting offseason for them as their drafting has been poor, and they have horribly overpaid and structured a lot of contracts.

Yep, it's pretty bad

Sanu has a year and a half left on a very reasonable contract. He's not old and has a pretty good non-injury history. An extremely late second round pick for a season and a half for him puts a half season "rental" price of injury prone Sanders or Green at about a fourth round pick. It might take a third, but I would offer a fourth to Cincinnati and Denver at the same time and tell them both that the offer stands until the other team blinks.

I'm sorry, but a 2nd rounder is way too high a price to pay for a receiver who has never come close to a 1,000 yard season. Who averages only 3 TDs a year and a paltry 11.4 yards a reception.

Well done falcons.

When I saw the headline I said to myself that must be for a 6th or 7th round pick.

Agreed. He is 3rd on the Falcons in receptions behind Julio and Hooper and is just narrowly ahead of Ridley in terms of receptions. I think he can definitely be a useful player on a contender but wouldn't think him worth more than a mid-round pick. The only scenario in which I'd go higher if I was the Pats was if I had word that Josh Gordon was about to be suspended again or take a leave of absence again (not hoping for that, I genuinely hope Gordon one day outruns his demons) and they desperately needed a #2 WR.

A second is too high for Sanu. A fourth or maybe even a third would've made more sense. I hate to say it but the Falcons got lucky someone was willing to pay that much for a player that they probably would've restructured after this season or released.

Last edited:
2nd round pick for a superbowl appearance lock is a good trade.

See ya in the Super Bowl!

How do they have the collateral to keep adding players?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom