Falcons sign Elam, Broncos want Mare, so sign Mort!!! (2 Viewers)

Reaction score
Why not? Welcome Home, Andersen!

It seems like no one is interested in drafting a kicker, so here's a kicker that is coming off of his best statistical year of his career. I mean, really, would you rather have Marrrr-teeen? I'll take the greatest player in NFL history, personally.

Get R Done, FO!!! :17: :beerchug: :highfive:

Yea, why not bring him in for camp competition. The chances of him actually making the team are very slim, seeing as he's basically an older Carney and we have shown we won't waste 2 roster spots on kickers, but if nothing else, maybe he'll retire with us.

But with that said, as much as I liked Gramatica's performance in the few games we saw him in last season, it would be pretty sweet to have Mare for kickoffs and longer kicks and let Anderson handle XPs and shorter field goal attempts. There were times last season when I was asking myself if it would really have been that bad to keep Carney and just sacrifice an extra roster spot to avoid throwing games away because we couldn't trust our kicker on shorter kicks.

But what'll most likely happen is we'll bring in kickers to compete with Gramatica and he'll end up winning the sole spot.

Last edited:
I'm happy with Grammatica. Morton's range is too short these days. It would be redundant.

Love was lost with Anderson years ago, he's a Falcon now.

At this point, I'd rather Grammatica, but I have to admit, it would be a kick to see Morten in a Saints uniform again.

Pun intended. :)

At this point, I'd rather Grammatica, but I have to admit, it would be a kick to see Morten in a Saints uniform again.

Pun intended. :)

Yeah. It would warm my heart to see him in a Saints uniform again. He's lost the distance, but his kicking style is so accurate. His kicks don't hook or bend at all. When he hits it, you know if it's good from the get-go.

It's weird to think Morten Anderson who started his career here 20 years ago is still playing.

After Gramatica gets hurt celebrating after kicking us into the Super Bowl, we can sign Mort to kick for us in the big game.

yep, mort has played in the nfl, long as many of sr's members have been alive...
that being said, he should be allowed to sign a one day contract, to be able to retire where it all started.. he was MONEY for the saints.
did he close his shoe store down when he left?

hell no. my sister can kick further than he can nowadays

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom