Falcons sign Onyemata (1 Viewer)

He was still putting up starter level numbers in terms of pressure per pass rush, maybe he took a step back but he would have been a solid fixture on the DL to add low priced draft picks and free agents around. We likely could have saved money against the cap by signing him also, that door is closed now.
While he did fall off after the peds he was still needed as we have no one on that interior d line. Hoping we double dip there now.

Good luck to him. Thanks for the years of service.

David’s contract does not void until tomorrow so he’s still under contract with the Saints and should not be talking to other teams.

This is clearly been going on for weeks now while he was under contract, time to hit Atlanta for tampering.

Isn't the league in the legal tampering period?

Hope this doesn’t force them to draft a DT in the first round due to losing Onyemata and Tuttle

Hope this doesn’t force them to draft a DT in the first round due to losing Onyemata and Tuttle

I was hoping we would at least get Onyemata back, but honestly, Cameron Jordan's mock draft had the Saints taking three DL I believe, and that was BEFORE we officially lost Onyemata and Tuttle.

One could argue that Jordan himself is happier with adding young guys along the line rather than spending big on those he played with last year. So, if both the front office and players are thinking the draft (and/or outside FA's) is the better way towards a more dominant line, then who am I to argue.

I was hoping we would at least get Onyemata back, but honestly, Cameron Jordan's mock draft had the Saints taking three DL I believe, and that was BEFORE we officially lost Onyemata and Tuttle.

One could argue that Jordan himself is happier with adding young guys along the line rather than spending big on those he played with last year. So, if both the front office and players are thinking the draft (and/or outside FA's) is the better way towards a more dominant line, then who am I to argue.
He did a mock? I’d love to see that….lol.

Ok - He was near invisible last year....

Tyeler Davidson and Sheldon Rankins are both available UFAs - Not a lot of difference between those 2.... and David O and S Tuttle IMO

Last edited:
Doesnt hurt 1 bit. Onyemata was a guy I was ok with losing. Did us a favor. Gave a nearly 31 year old DT in decline since his suspension a 3 year deal. Eats up some of their salary cap, doesnt make them better, and prevents us from signing him. Addition by subtraction.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom