Falcons sign RB Steven Jackson (merged) (1 Viewer)

Ivory to Green Bay for Sam shields. Tendered him low and many thought he would be pursued by someone. Fair trade IMO.

tumblr_mbjpkahL7S1ran3jeo1_500.gif

Man that sucks. I always liked Steven Jackson. He has been a class act and easy to root for since he had to carry so many weak crappy Rams teams, including a 1-15, 2-14, and I think a handful of 3-13 teams to their ONLY wins those seasons, and he managed to surpass both Dickerson and Faulk in yardage records there.

This sucks big time....I do not want to hate this guy, I just can't.

I HOPE Steven Jackson is past his prime now but nothing has suggested yet that he is, which means we have to give it up to Atlanta, they got a great player.

Ivory to Green Bay for Sam shields. Tendered him low and many thought he would be pursued by someone. Fair trade IMO.

Sam Shields would fit in perfectly with the rest of our scrubby corners and safeties, because he likes to get burned a lot and blown coverage big time. Go watch how poorly he has played since they won that Super Bowl.

Jackson has always had great success against us. Good move by the Falcons. Can only hope he's on the decline, but he seems to have a couple to three good years left in him.

As much as I love this guys determination and hard running style, I am not worried about this at all. Speed is what kills the saints in the running game and SJ has none.

Actually, Steven Jackson has killed the Saints his whole career.

Rams upset Saints as Steven Jackson runs for 159, 2 TDs

Good signing by the Falcons. It made too much sense for this not to happen. He is a definitely upgrade to Turner.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom