Falcons sign Taylor Heinicke (1 Viewer)

Heinicke signed for 2 years and $14 million per Spotrac. 2023 cap $4.9m and 2024 cap $9 m

Not all Falcons fans are happy about this...
(Language warning)

2/20 aint bad for a guy that they're going to get 1.5 to 2 solid years of starts from.

And yes, he will be starting before it's all said and done

Dude was 5-3-1 when he played last year. Beat GB, Philly, and tied the G Men. That’s what you want from your backup. What did our backup (eventual starter) do? It’s ok to look at things objectively and be a fan of other players doing what they are supposed to do. I’m a Saints fan, but I’m also a fan of Football in general. I give props where props are due.

Yup, he played well much of the season, but he is a bit inconsistent at times and prone to the big mistake, that said he isn’t scared to take chances….when ole Riverboat Ron decided to replace him (for no really good reason) with Wentz at the end of the season when the playoffs were a possibility? Not a good move…..I would take him over Wentz any day of the week….

Heinicke signed for 2 years and $14 million per Spotrac. 2023 cap $4.9m and 2024 cap $9 m

Good for him, not bad for a guy that was living on his sister’s couch in 2020 (before the WFT called)…..

It’s an OK move. Fits a need for them—namely a solid backup with experience who can come in if there are injuries or the young QB flames out.

But this isn’t anything at all to be awed by. He doesn’t make them a contender, or particularly improve their chances of success.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom