Falcons wearing WHITE Monday night; Saints ALL black? (1 Viewer)

more stuff I found:
http://www.atlantafalcons.com/News/Articles/2009/10/22-31/What_to_Watch_For_in_Week_8.aspx article in ful below

The Falcons rank 8th overall with a +3 turnover margin and have had key turnovers in big moments to help lead the team to 4-2 record. The Saints are 4th overall with a +8 turnover margin. The major difference is the type of turnovers. The Saints have 13 interceptions and five fumble recoveries; the Falcons have five interceptions and eights fumble recoveries. Both teams have lost the ball 10 times this season (five picks and five fumbles for the Saints). The Falcons differ slightly with six int’s and four fumbles. Michael Turner's four fumbles this season are rare since he's only had five career fumbles since 2004. The key will be interceptions. Drew Brees has only thrown five interceptions, (the Saints defense has almost tripled that) four of those have been returned for touchdowns. The Falcons have one victory (Bears) when Matt Ryan has thrown two interceptions this season. If Ryan can keep the ball out of the New Orleans defenses hands and the score stays low the Falcons might show the hostile fans something they have yet to see in 2009, A loss.

This can't be true. Am i reading this right? It looks like it says drew has thrown 5 picks, 4 returned for touchdowns. Well he had 3 last week and none were returned for td's? Maybe they mean eventually turned into td's by opposing offense.

I think it would be so cool to black out the dome! Players and coaches in all black. Fans in all black as well. If the organization would say "lets black out the dome on Monday night" I think it would be done in about 5 seconds

T

Payton has gone on record saying that we're wearing white jerseys for the first 4 home games and black jerseys the next 4.

so the Atlanta report is wrong. our 5th home game is the next week against Carolina.

It counts the two preseason games.

We're wearing black at home the rest of the way.

Dang! I didn't know that Brees' passer rating dropped that big when we are behind!

Drew has thrown 29 passes when we were behind this season. He's thrown 197 passes overall.

I'll leave it to you to judge how relevant that stat is in the context of the entire season...

This can't be true. Am i reading this right? It looks like it says drew has thrown 5 picks, 4 returned for touchdowns. Well he had 3 last week and none were returned for td's? Maybe they mean eventually turned into td's by opposing offense.

You're not reading it right, but that's because it's poorly worded and they don't know how to use parentheses.... The 4 returned for TDs is what our defense has done, and should have been included in the parenthetical part.

I hope we aren't wearing all black, I want black jerseys and gold pants. We're undefeated with gold pants this season people. Don't mess with a good thing!

Maybe a reason to wear all black jersey is that the Falcons wear all black and Ryan might throw up to pass to the Saints by mistake.

Man it wouldn't bother me one bit if we never wore our throwback unis. Those teams were so bad I wouldn't want to put these guys through pain by association.:jpshakehead:

Did that article say we were wearing black pants? Hell... the Falcons NORMALLY wear white on the road, but the Saints have worn white at home all season, and in the past... these goobs could be wrong. I think we wear white tops gold pants... until I see different.

I read a release from the team early in the preseason that the Saints will wear white jerseys for the first half of the home games and black for the final half of the home games.

I mentioned this a few weeks ago. We will be wearing white for the first 5 homegames and black for the last 5.

Saints announced during the Preseason that they would wear white jerseys at home for the fist 5 games (includes preseason games) and black jerseys for the final 5 home games.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom