Falcs Release Joey Harrington (MERGED) (1 Viewer)

keefresh2

on my own ignore list
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
http://www.rotoworld.com/content/Headlines.aspx?sport=NFL&hl=113756

Falcons released QB Joey Harrington.
The move clears $2.5 million in salary. Only the Falcons wanted Harrington last offseason, but he actually posted career highs in completion rate (61.8) and yards per attempt (6.4) before collapsing suddenly and losing his job to Chris Redman. Harrington could be a backup option in St. Louis, Minnesota, or Oakland. Atlanta has two QBs on its roster: Chris Redman and D.J. Shockley. Mar. 5 - 12:56 pm et

Everywhere he goes the starting QB gets hurt. Stay away.

Everywhere he goes the starting QB gets hurt. Stay away.

That's actually never happened anywhere he's been. He was drafted as the starter in Detroit, went to Miami where Culpepper was already injured from his Minnesota days and had never fully recovered, and then went to Atlanta where the "starter" ended up getting convicted of dog fighting.

That's actually never happened anywhere he's been. He was drafted as the starter in Detroit, went to Miami where Culpepper was already injured from his Minnesota days and had never fully recovered, and then went to Atlanta where the "starter" ended up getting convicted of dog fighting.

Hmm, I guess you're right- funny that I remembered it differently. I guess it just seems like where he goes the 'starter' seems to have a setback. How about that?

edit (since Detroit obviously)

good point..

No thanks. Jinx.

Nice to know Atl may go QB in the first round though....

No, this guy would be a perfect back up! i would love to have him behind drew.
I seriously doubt he is the reason qb's ger hurt. That's just silly.

How many more teams does he have to play for to see he can't cut it in the NFL?

Chris Redman and D.J. Shockley :hihi::rofl::hahahaha::yelrotflmao:

Man I am SO glad the Saints have Brees.

No thanks. Jinx.

Nice to know Atl may go QB in the first round though....

Yeah this totally gives the indication that ATL will take a QB...but in the first or the second round is the question????

I thought he played pretty well last season considering he was on the Falcons. I wouldnt mind him backing up Drew.

I like him as a back up, has gotten much better, and will continue to, he just had too much pressure on him as the first pick, brees will show him how to play qb. and do fine in spot duty

He is certainly better than Jamie Martin or Trent Green.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom