N/S Fallout after a terrible series of calls at the end of Spanish Basketball Final (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
Not sure if the tag is correct as it isn't Saints related, but what happened yesterday after the Spanish ACB Copa del Rey basketball final between Barcelona and Real Madrid is exactly what we all would have hoped the NFL and refs did after the NFCCG. Also, I'm not a basketball fan so I won't be going into detail as I don't know if the calls were correct or not.

Anyway, it seems that the last 12 seconds of this game were a disaster and Barcelona beat Real Madrid with some very questionable calls by the refs. In fact, Real Madrid is actually considering leaving the league! Today, the league president stepped up and acknowledged that the refs screwed up due to human error. Technology (instant replay) is being used to avoid these kinds of mistakes and that they look forward to working with the teams and officials to improve officiating. Not only that, but the refs association also came out and said that the messed up. They apologized for their mistakes and will accept any decision the league makes in regards to the refs in question. There won't be a make up game and it is still to be seen what measures Real Madrid, the league and the refs association take. However, I feel that if the NFL and the refs had done the same less than 24 hours after the NFCCG, many of us would be able to let it go.

I am aware many people have moved on, and I respect that. I however, have not. I did not watch the Super Bowl for the first time in many years and I have not watched a single NFL related show or visited any NFL related website except for SR since that tragic day. Hopefully, this will change as free agency, the draft and the new season come around.

Who Dat!

Link to the president's statement:

https://as.com/baloncesto/2019/02/1...0YWRh&m2=QUNUVUFMSURBRA==&m3=MQ==&m4=bm9ybWFs

Link to the ref's association statement:

https://as.com/baloncesto/2019/02/1...0YWRh&m2=QUNUVUFMSURBRA==&m3=Mg==&m4=bm9ybWFs

If it was a regular season game, the league and likely the officials would have made a statement or maybe even an apology sooner. The reason they didn't following our rape because the second our game was over began the 2 week long superbowl hype. Any statement they made would have "in their eyes" cast a dark shadow on the leagues most celebrated event.

If they'd have said they were sorry and that they "messed up", it would have instantly and officially made the superbowl illegitimate. They weren't going to do that.

Most of us were brought up to apologize when we mess up. Apparently, the higher ups in the NFL were brought up to be swine. The current commissioner, then, most resembles a warthog in his comportment.

Most of us were brought up to apologize when we mess up. Apparently, the higher ups in the NFL were brought up to be swine. The current commissioner, then, most resembles a warthog in his comportment.

How dare you! I will not allow such undeserved slander to fly unchallenged.

Swine are hardy, majestic, and delicious. In no way do they deserve to be compared to the NFL

My apologies to all the swine reading the forum.

I eagerly await my pork shu mai for dinner tonight.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom