False Reports ?? (1 Viewer)

JimmyB1775

Guy behind the guy
Reaction score
So in the last week, NFL and ESPN have reported two things: 1) Rob Ryan was hired on Wednesday (wasn't true til Saturday)
2) Rob Ryan signed a contract that doesn't allow him to talk to the media. (Refuted by Bensel immediately)

Is there any chance were yanking the big media's chain? A Senior Editor at NFLN said he had an impeccable source. He's wrong. Schefter and Mort had sources on RR hire. They weren't right for three more days. What y'all think?

Jay Glazer and Mike Florio reported the same thing. Larry Holder reported more interviews. Depends on you believe.

I truly believe Coach Payton is going to (if he hasn't already) start screwing with the people in the media who threw him under the bus during the bounty fiasco. I've said it before and I have multiple examples to prove it, Sean Payton is a vindictive human being and he enjoys getting back at people. It's probably the thing I love most about him. I don't believe anything has changed that.

He doesnt forget who messed with the Saints when the news first broke, just wait till his first regular season press conference when someone tries to second guess him

He doesnt forget who messed with the Saints when the news first broke, just wait till his first regular season press conference when someone tries to second guess him

I think Sean Payton is moving on. The last thing he need is for them(ESPN) to snitch, whine at Goodell again.

He'll be back with a chip on his shoulder, which is good for us as we'll probably see a very different season this year! It'll be cool when he host that 2nd Lombardi after we win the SB this year. YES, I'm calling it!!!!!

It's gonna be Two Dat for the Who Dat's!

Remember, he who laughs last , laughs best!

Last edited:
I truly believe Coach Payton is going to (if he hasn't already) start screwing with the people in the media who threw him under the bus during the bounty fiasco. I've said it before and I have multiple examples to prove it, Sean Payton is a vindictive human being and he enjoys getting back at people. It's probably the thing I love most about him. I don't believe anything has changed that.

I hope he's not doing that. I'd rather his time and energy go into something more productive (like fielding a championship team), than trying to screw with the media. The best way for him to screw with them is to ignore them anyway and do his thing.

I think its more likely that ESPN and other media outlets. just can't leave the Saints alone. Goodells in their pocket so they can't seem to stop reporting negative news about the Saints.

I think we are only going to see more and more of this.

I hope he's not doing that. I'd rather his time and energy go into something more productive (like fielding a championship team), than trying to screw with the media. The best way for him to screw with them is to ignore them anyway and do his thing.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/373b1KBNdSQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

We won a championship this same year......seemed to work then.

His drive to prove something is what makes our team great.
I doubt he will be up all night thinking of things to do to irritate the media but he has proven in the past to not forget the things his doubters say and do.

I for one hopes he treats the media like crap, they deserve nothing less.

It wouldn't surprise me that Payton is purposely causing confusion with certain members of the press.

After the feeding frenzy that certain forms of the press enjoyed last year....those jackals deserve what they get.

I will say this about Payton. It comes from someone that I know in the sports media. It is based on what was conveyed to me directly and is solely a personal opinion.

Payton as a person, is very vindictive and will get back at anyone he feels that got under his skin or the better of him. Payton is very similar to Mora in his overall personality, but that Payton will not let things go once he feels he was "gotten", or put on the spot. Payton will come at you 100%, relentlessly, to either have you out of the business, or have you simply perceived as a trouble maker. Whereas with Mora, he would just embarass you on the spot and then would let things go and move on. Mora loved to put you in your place, if he thought you were being foolish, or baseless in your comments/questions.

Anyway, based on this opinion, I can see where Payton may be playing all media types, he deems as were "against him" or "out to get him", so to speak. I would not put it past Payton.

non story. I think people just want too much info too fast. They probably have a handshake agreement with general parameters, but the full contract isn't signed yet.

Ryan probably declined an interview, because he can't talk about it yet. Most likely because he wants to wait until he has a contract.

Speculation just runs rampant during the off season. The reality is, he's hired and they just haven't had an official welcome press conference, and they may not ever. it's not common practice to have the coordinators talk to the media.

I agree with the previous posters who think he is flushing out rats. He is probably trying to figure out who is leaking info to the media from within the organization. There is a term for this, but I cant think of it at the moment. If you suspect you have a snitch/rat within your organization, you start leaking different bits of false, easily refuted information to the people you suspect, and see which piece of "news" shows up in the media.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom