Famous encounters. (1 Viewer)

kewee

I exist as I am, that is enough
Reaction score
I had the pleasure of cooking for Bill Belichick once, when he was in Hattiesburg meeting with Jamie Collins before the draft. He ordered the free range chicken dish and enjoyed his meal...he didn't say anything special, of course, but I was just excited he ate my food.

Also have gotten to cook for Willie Roaf, Brett Favre (butt crevasse), Laura Dern, Diane Lane, Manny Fresh, and William Sadler (Sadler is a super nice guy and so is Manny) since then. What are some of your stories of encounters with famous people?

Edit: Forgot to add Jason Campbell, former Redskins QB

Last edited:
i've met pretty much all of the original cash money (manny fresh is freaking awesome and super, like doctarate in awesomeness smart, lil wayne still 15, quiet as fork) normand hand, willie roaf, sheet a few others. oh and that dumb birch that wrote vampire of the whatever with tom cruise. she was vajayjay.

i worked for ray nagin, worked at his house, when still at cox communications. he was awesome and when he became mayor, cox went to sheet.

too many famous people. you are bound to run into at least someone.

actually, probably a few more, but as i said, everyone meets someone, or sees them, at some point. too many people are famous for something or another.

oh and harry connick, jr, and his cousin (who inserted the fake heart into chaney).

I met then Senator Obama on a flight from DC to Chicago the day before he officially announced he was running for President. Talked with him a good 5 minutes and walked with him through the walkway into the airport. Pretty funny standing with him as he was welcomed like a rock star.

Met then Attorney General John Ashcroft at church many moons ago. Talked with him very briefly.

Probably a few others, but not coming to mind right now.

Not a famous person, but i did go to Super Bowl XX in the Superdome when the Bears beat the Pats and the Fridge scored a TD, lol.

I've met alot of 80's band members. I had a buddy that was a sound guy at a place and would always get me backstage to meet people. 2 really notable were accept because I was a huge fan of theirs and the other was Jani Lane of Warrant. Easily the coolest and nicest of the bunch. He sat and drank beer after the show and we talked football for a half hour. Really down to earth guy and was super nice. On the flip side was Vince Neil....major d bag. Ricky Medlocke of Blackfoot and now Skynyrd and we talked fishing haha. Bunch of others...slaughter, firehouse, dokken, Cinderella, etc etc.

Shaq used the phone at my house when he was playing at LSU. I was probably 13 or so.

Our neighbor’s kid played for LSU and Shaq used to go over there to hang out. He was Shaq’s assistant for the first few years of his pro career.

He had gone to the neighbors house and Dennis was still sleeping. My mom saw him and invited him over to use the phone to call him. I got to meet with him for a few minutes. Pretty cool dude and obviously a giant.

I played basketball with Kerry Kittles as a kid.

Was on a flight from China back to the USA with Keanu Reeves. My wife made sure to get a picture with him while we were waiting for luggage.

Too many to list just from Super Bowl week 2002 alone, but the highlights of that week were serving Belicheck and Joe theisman the night before Brady and Belicheck won their first super bowl, and we also had a table with all the mannings, joe montana, and Johnny Unitas eating together.

I also cooked for lots of celebs when in ATX but the biggest to me were Page and Plant

Back in the days of AOL, a friend of novelist Kevin J. Anderson was a frequent poster on some of the Star Wars message boards. He would facilitate people sending in books to get them autographed. Being a New Orleanian, I sent some books out to get them autographed, and included a bunch of NOLA stuff (mardi gras beads, king cake mix, a few tshirts, etc). About a week later, I got the books back, and I received a personal email from Kevin. It thanked me for the goodies, and stated they would come in handy as he was going to be in New Orleans a few months later for a convention. I emailed him back and said I'd have to come by the convention to say hi, and he explained it was a trade convention, and would be prohibitively expensive for me to buy a ticket. He suggested I pick him and his wife up at the airport and we could hang out a bit.

A friend of mine and I picked them up at the airport, and drove them to their hotel downtown. We had plenty of time to chat, and he showed us some of the new stuff he was working on.

Last year, he was up here at Barksdale doing a book signing, so I swung by to say hi, and told him who I was. He remembered out visit in pretty good detail, so we spent some time catching up.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom