Famous (or Infamous) Clydes? (1 Viewer)

Grumpy Old Manatee

Non-Northeastern Hockey Viewer
Reaction score
Since LSU's victory over Bama was the only real highlight of this past football weekend (other than Rummel beating Jesuit...heh, heh, heh) I got to thinking about the name Clyde. Clyde Edwards-Helaire played a great game, so how many other famous notable Clydes do you know of?

Clyde Drexler (NBA) instantly comes to mind and then Clyde Barrow (of Bonnie and Clyde infamy), but that's about it. Did a google search and a few others do come up, but none that I had ever heard of. So how many Clydes do you know? Seems like one of those names that has just faded away.

Joe Strummer of The Clash did reference a Clyde in their song "Revolution Rock", but I don't know who he was referring to.

"...Careful how you slide, Clyde, all you did was glide
You poured your beer in me hat
Keep my good eye on the beat, living on fixation street
I ain't got no time for that, hey..."

I had an uncle named Clyde, but he has passed. I believe there is/was a poster on this forum whose screen name is "Krewe of Clyde's". And I assume that the Danny and Clyde's convenient stores/sandwich shops are still in the Metro area, but that's about it. Not going to erect a formal pole for this one, just a random curiosity question to get my mind off that debacle in the Dome yesterday.

Last edited:
this one is by far the easiest, formal or not. Its Clyde the orangutan from Any Which Way but Loose
Image result for right turn clyde gif

Mentioned him in paragraph 2 of the original post. Curious if you know why his middle name is mostly listed as Chestnut, but occasionally listed as Champion?

Clyde Stubblefield

James browns drummer

Here is what he is known for funky drummer

Thank You for this contribution. I am a, well, "sophomoric" drummer and hadn't really studied Mr Stubblefield. I both appreciate and loathe your response as I am now tunneling (or tumbling) down the proverbial rabbit hole on You Tube...:cool: Guess I won't be getting much sleep tonight.

Thank You for this contribution. I am a, well, "sophomoric" drummer and hadn't really studied Mr Stubblefield. I both appreciate and loathe your response as I am now tunneling (or tumbling) down the proverbial rabbit hole on You Tube...:cool: Guess I won't be getting much sleep tonight.

Yeah Stubblefield was a god. He played with James brown for a while like ten years like every James brown hit you know he played on.

I guess you have heard it all before sampled into rap. Well until they decided not to pay and rap became drum machine crap.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom