Famous (or Infamous) Clydes? (1 Viewer)

I just thought of one. Clyde McPhatter. He was one of the pioneers of Rock and roll in the 50's and 60's.

Very cool. He was just a tad before my time, but I am somewhat familiar with The Drifters.

My moms favorite group. McPhatter was the original lead singer, but they had their biggest success when Ben. E. King took over. He
was before my time as well :)

clyde-frog.png

Thug Clyde Barrow. Never understood the fascination with these thugs.

It was during the great depression. Families were struggling to put food on the table. Outlaws like Dillinger,Barrow,Pretty Boy Floyd were viewed as anti-heroes. I'm not saying it's right. You just have to understand the era. My Grandfather was the most righteous man I ever
knew.He even took to bootlegging moonshine during this era to make ends meet.

It was during the great depression. Families were struggling to put food on the table. Outlaws like Dillinger,Barrow,Pretty Boy Floyd were viewed as anti-heroes. I'm not saying it's right. You just have to understand the era. My Grandfather was the most righteous man I ever
knew.He even took to bootlegging moonshine during this era to make ends meet.
I am aware of the era and struggles. Clyde and his equally thuggy partner Bonnie robbed and murdered innocent citizens and officers. Robbed many more. Glamorizing their criminal actions makes no sense to me.

Your grandfather bootlegging shine, while some may have issue with it, doesn’t compare to those thugs.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom