Fan Folly De-Bunked... Teddy's Team!! (1 Viewer)

No, I don't agree with your assertion that Taysom has some sort of "intangibles" that Bridgewater doesn't. And I certainly don't agree with your hot take about Teddy "just going through the motions". One doesn't have to be demonstrative and outwardly expressive to be competitive. Teddy Bridgewater has never been part of a losing team. He has excelled in every situation he's been put in. There's no reason to believe he's not competitive, unless you're looking to justify a pre-established opinion that you already have.

I would agree that Taysom is more "exciting" to watch. But I prefer my quarterbacks to be smart and effective. Whether or not they're exciting is not really important. Winning is exciting.

Yes this.... pretty much this. I'm more than willing to give Taysom a shot and I think it'll be exciting, but I'm not expecting a winning season out of it. I think it'll be a fight every week. I'd be OK with Teddy if Drew moves on because I think it would motivate the rest of the team and Payton to not get too complacent as they seem to with Brees. I just honestly don't think we can afford all 3 of them and still plan for the future. I just feel as if either Drew or Teddy needs to go in order for this team to grow. It either needs to be Teddy's team or it needs to be Drew transitioning a new QB, be that Taysom or someone else, for it to them be their team in 2021.

Bottom line is, both have exhibited the ability to succeed, but one appeals to one group and the other appeals to another, classic QB controversy we have here..All I want, and anyone that's reasonable, is to let them to go head 2 head for the starting role..lets see what happens!..in the meantime, lets not make assumptions about ppl rooting for Taysom and vice versa

I feel what you're saying..the other displayed the ability to make things happen no matter where he lines up..just let em go H2H

I honestly don't think they get that chance. And if they do, then it's because a lot of other options slipped through. If both Teddy and Taysom are on the roster sans Brees, I have a feeling a lot of Taysom fans will be disappointed with the outcome of that "competition". If Brees is here, I just don't see Teddy being here unless somehow none of ~15 (I didn't count) teams that need a QB make a real offer. I feel that's a very slim possibility. I think the highest likely outcome for next year is that Brees comes back, Teddy leaves, Taysom stays, and the Saints add another QB via Draft or FA. Then, depending on the quality of that new QB (Burrow, Tua, Mariota... someone else), Brees will either split time with them or Taysom to take over.

All aboard the JT Barrett train! There has to be someone out there.
You may be joking, but he probably is the best 1 out of all 4 QBs in question, he just hasn't been given the right oppurtunity, with the right team, on the right down and distance, at the right point in the game. JT could light it up in the right circumstance, he's just not been given his shot at starting..

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom