Fan Folly De-Bunked... Teddy's Team!! (1 Viewer)

You may be joking, but he probably is the best 1 out of all 4 QBs in question, he just hasn't been given the right oppurtunity, with the right team, on the right down and distance, at the right point in the game. JT could light it up in the right circumstance, he's just not been given his shot at starting..

Here's to hoping we have countless JT Barrett threads started. Someone get Florio on the phone to start pushing Barrett.

I'm skeptical of all QBs on the team not named Drew Brees.

Let's be real, if Brees had gone 3 out of 5 games with the offense scoring a TD or less, everyone would be dumping on him. Heck, he only had to have one bad game after one of his best months ever for half the board to decide he's done.

On the other hand, I'm probably more skeptical of the guy who's 30 years old and has never shown the ability to be an actual QB at anything but a below average level.

Flame away, but I still think we are stupid if we don't draft a QB to add to this mix and let it play out.

I defended Teddy during those 5 games and supported him. What I did see though was not our permanent answer at QB. Our defense played excellent during those 5 games and probably were more responsible for those wins than Teddy.

Bingo

Let's be real, if Brees had gone 3 out of 5 games with the offense scoring a TD or less, everyone would be dumping on him. Heck, he only had to have one bad game after one of his best months ever for half the board to decide he's done.

On the other hand, I'm probably more skeptical of the guy who's 30 years old and has never shown the ability to be an actual QB at anything but a below average level.

Flame away, but I still think we are stupid if we don't draft a QB to add to this mix and let it play out.
When have people dumped on Drew? I think most fans give him a pass because of what he has done over the years. Our offense hasn't been unstoppable in a long time. The criticism now is about his age, not his ability. Even though I think its time for him to retire, I don't deny that he can give us another pro-bowl caliber season. My gripe is with letting the pragmatic succession option walk out the door because we want to roll the dice one more time.

Serious question

What part of his stats are below average
Capture.JPG

If you seriously think posting 4th quarter preseason stats coupled with the few read option passes he's thrown adds anything to the equation, I'm not wasting my time.

The unknown is the point.

Bonchie asserts that the fan base would be negging Drew if he did what Teddy did, which is go 2 of 5 starts (it's not 3/5, just Dallas and Jacksonville) where the offense only scored one touchdown

What if Drew not only did that exact same thing in fewer games, bit also had a horrific 1 to 1 TD:Int ratio during that four-game stretch?

What would we do then?

If you seriously think posting 4th quarter preseason stats coupled with the few read option passes he's thrown adds anything to the equation, I'm not wasting my time.

The unknown is the point.

Sean Payton had only Tayson's 4th quarter Green Bay film to judge him by so apparently Payton is not as arrogantly pre disposed against the evaluative properties of preseason.

And Taysom played more of the preseason for the Saints in 2018 and 2019 that the 4th quarter that you so dismissively claim.

I know this certainty. One of us is dead wrong. Gonna be fun to find out who.

See ya around.

Sean Peytons team. People keep thinking that the fans have built this team and that SP was just along for the ride. Thats fan folly. The Coach is going to decide which QB he rolls with and I for one could not have faith in a better person when it comes to knowing QBs

Payton can get the most out of either QB, so I'm not worried either way I'm actually looking forward to it.

Bonchie asserts that the fan base would be negging Drew if he did what Teddy did, which is go 2 of 5 starts (it's not 3/5, just Dallas and Jacksonville) where the offense only scored one touchdown

What if Drew not only did that exact same thing in fewer games, bit also had a horrific 1 to 1 TD:Int ratio during that four-game stretch?

What would we do then?

And the board was sheetting themselves about the offense during that stretch despite it being Drew freaking Brees.

Pretending that Teddy has proven himself to be a certain, long term above average QB (which is the cardinal question here) is no better than pretending Taysom Hill has magic juice that will make him the next great QB because he runs really well.

The unknowns of all this is the point.

What would we do then?

Brees gets killed on this board quite often.

Jacksonville and Dallas are 2 of them if there are three.
Is it about throwing TDs or winning? I'll be the first admit that Teddy doesn't blow you away like Mahommes but I say we still don't know how he would preform as the guy. I mean Drew wasn't a HOF QB in San Diego. Some folks want to make projections about a guy that probably has fewer than 20 regular season passes but they refuse consider how Teddy would look without the restrictions of being a backup who doesn't want to screw up.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom