Fan Folly De-Bunked... Teddy's Team!! (1 Viewer)

Is it about throwing TDs or winning? I'll be the first admit that Teddy doesn't blow you away like Mahommes but I say we still don't know how he would preform as the guy. I mean Drew wasn't a HOF QB in San Diego. Some folks want to make projections about a guy that probably has fewer than 20 regular season passes but they refuse consider how Teddy would look without the restrictions of being a backup who doesn't want to screw up.

It's about winning, which is one of the reasons I'd choose Teddy over Taysom if I had to make a choice right now (there's also Teddy being younger and a more proven thrower).

But I find it very hard to evaluate that 5 game stretch when the defense was playing so out its mind. There will come a time, perhaps more often than not looking at our history, where the defense doesn't play like an elite unit. Is Teddy the kind of guy who can win 4-5 shoot outs a year?

I don't know. Maybe, maybe not. Maybe he's just getting started, or maybe he's near his peak. If we re-sign him, we'll find out.

Last edited:
Is it about throwing TDs or winning? I'll be the first admit that Teddy doesn't blow you away like Mahommes but I say we still don't know how he would preform as the guy. I mean Drew wasn't a HOF QB in San Diego. Some folks want to make projections about a guy that probably has fewer than 20 regular season passes but they refuse consider how Teddy would look without the restrictions of being a backup who doesn't want to screw up.

I agree to an extent. I saw a lot of faults with Teddy in the starting role, but I cannot deny that the team looked great as a whole. Also, I was probably unfairly judging him in comparison to Brees. Teddy seemed hesitant and unable to process his reads timely. But Brees has been a master at that for over a decade so that is pretty unfair. I kept waiting for Teddy to just turn it loose. Hopefully he has that in him when he is primed and ready for the starting role.

I wouldn't be upset if Teddy was the guy going forward. I would be cautiously optimistic about it most likely. Overall, I think Teddy would help keep the core of this team consistent. He is a great leader and person and he fits in this city. I trust SP and the front office in their approach no matter how it all goes down.

I still don't get what you guys are all crying about. Payton will pick the next QB, not us. Until then, it's just your opinion and just like your butt, everyone has one and they all stink except your own.

Uh, this is a message board.

Teddy's stats for the 5 3/4 games he played are almost identical to Tayson NFL stats and you can stuff your preseason dogma. A pass caught is a pass caught, it required the QB to deliver the ball where it can be caught. If anything, throwing to third and fourth stringers, you only had a few days of practice with, should reduce completion rates not increase them. Want proof? Look no further than TB in pre season. See Stats below.

The preseason mantra is an old wives tale, Apologies to Old Wives who are probably right more often than you. Taysom outplayed Teddy in the Preseason even with less talented receivers and front line.

So Taysom and Teddy are comparable passing QBs except Taysom can complete much deeper passes. Then add in Taysom's other skill. and you see why I "Think" Taysom if the better QB of the Future.

Teddy

1581698208692.png

Taysom
1581698343396.png

I reject the notion that I have to choose between them. I will root for whomever the QB of the team is.

Preseason is all you got, which is a statement within itself.
Teddy's stats for the 5 3/4 games he played are almost identical to Tayson NFL stats and you can stuff your preseason dogma. A pass caught is a pass caught, it required the QB to deliver the ball where it can be caught. If anything, throwing to third and fourth stringers, you only had a few days of practice with, should reduce completion rates not increase them. Want proof? Look no further than TB in pre season. See Stats below.

The preseason mantra is an old wives tale, Apologies to Old Wives who are probably right more often than you. Taysom outplayed Teddy in the Preseason even with less talented receivers and front line.

So Taysom and Teddy are comparable passing QBs except Taysom can complete much deeper passes. Then add in Taysom's other skill. and you see why I "Think" Taysom if the better QB of the Future.

Teddy

1581698208692.png

Taysom
1581698343396.png

Do you see yourselves? No one is offering any reason "why" Taysom Hill should be a starting QB. He hasn't earned a promotion on the practice field, so why make him QB1?

Also, that "defense played better" argument is fan folly. If you truly believe that, then why does the defense play hard for Teddy and not for Drew? It may have seemed the defense played harder during the time Brees was out, but that could have been caused by the offense controlling the clock more, giving the defense more time to rest. Why is that a bad thing for a team?

Let's agree to disagree unless someone, anyone can give me one reason why Taysom Hill should be considered as having a shot to become QB1 in New Orleans.. Because after pop warner ball, four years of HS football, 4 years at college playing football, and three years of pro football experience... Drew Brees says, "i hope Taysom gets a chance to be a starting QB," but Brees, Payton or nobody ever says why he should be a starting QB..

GO Saints!!

Really good points here about how when your team plays good defense it means the QB isn't good.

You don't think Bridgewater has those intangibles?

I think he has loads of intangibles that come out while he is carrying his lunch pail to the field. He's a coach on the field with the heart of a champion. A real leader of men type that guys will go to war for. A cerebral type of QB who lacks a bit of athletic talent, but makes up for it with his intelligence, field awareness, hard work, grit, and determination.

But, I also think he's likely just an above average NFL QB and that is likely close to his ceiling. On the right team, with enough talent around him, he can win a lot of games, but he isn't going to win a lot of games on a team with mediocre talent. I'd love to have him on the team for a reasonable price, but if the rumors are right that he is looking at contracts from $20 million a year to $30 million per year, then I think the team needs to look at other options.

Do you see yourselves? No one is offering any reason "why" Taysom Hill should be a starting QB. He hasn't earned a promotion on the practice field, so why make him QB1?

Hill and Bridgewater are not the only two options to play QB for the Saints if Brees leaves.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom