N/S Fan who attended Texans-Chiefs NFL opener tests positive for COVID-19 (1 Viewer)

sfbaysaint

ALL-MADDEN TEAM
Reaction score
Will be interesting to see how teams react to this news... and even how Chiefs react.

KANSAS CITY, Mo. — A fan who attended the season-opening NFL game between the Kansas City Chiefs and Houston Texans has tested positive for COVID-19, the Kansas City Health Department announced Thursday.

After the fan tested positive the day after the game, which was held on Sept. 10, the health department and the Chiefs identified and contacted the 10 people who had close contact with the individual, and all of them have since been notified and told to quarantine.

Source

Will be interesting to see how teams react to this news... and even how Chiefs react.

Source
NFL Network said the NFL did not mind this news and that they expect positive tests. Only one positive test is good news for them in fact. They even said this will be a good way to implement contact tracing.

Plus, all Chiefs/Texans players have been cleared of COVID one week after their game.

How can they positively attribute this to attending the game? All research shows it's HIGHLY unlikely to get a positive result one day after exposure.

I get the bigger picture (unknowing asymptomatic public spreading) but this article reads like they are attributing his positive to being at the game, which seems very untrue. and paints sports attendance in a bad light.

How can they positively attribute this to attending the game? All research shows it's HIGHLY unlikely to get a positive result one day after exposure.

I get the bigger picture (unknowing asymptomatic public spreading) but this article reads like they are attributing his positive to being at the game, which seems very untrue. and paints sports attendance in a bad light.
Don't think they're saying he got it from the game.

Don't think they're saying he got it from the game.
They’re not. NFLN specifically stated they weren’t claiming that, at all. Instead, the emphasis is being put on contact tracing...anyone that fan came in contact with at the game, and in the parking lot. They also noted that tailgating was allowed for that game.

Source

And let's just wait till the cold air returns again. That's what the top scientists are really concerned about. Just read today that Europe is dramatically increasing # of cases in the last few weeks. That just so happens to be when Europe started to cool down. But this is still speculation about how the virus will act in cooler air.

And let's just wait till the cold air returns again. That's what the top scientists are really concerned about. Just read today that Europe is dramatically increasing # of cases in the last few weeks. That just so happens to be when Europe started to cool down. But this is still speculation about how the virus will act in cooler air.
That's what I don't understand. If COVID "hates" the heat, why did New Orleans average 1200 new cases a day during the summer?

That's what I don't understand. If COVID "hates" the heat, why did New Orleans average 1200 new cases a day during the summer?

Hey Dave - I think the answer will be the same as the 3 Docs I buzzed a month ago when they thought I may be asymptomatic, "We just don't know yet," Let's just pray that the cool weather does not kick-up the virus

It doesn't, it hates the outdoors. Extreme temps where people go inside with recycled air is when people are exposed in large numbers. It's as true for hot weather as it is for cold.

As long as everyone is respecting social distance and wearing a mask, what difference does it make? You're just as likely getting it going to the grocery store as anywhere else.

Who said it hates the heat? Only one person said that and he ain't that bright.

It hates UVB. The type of virus it is cannot survive exposure to UVB rays. So the thought was we would see a slow down since summer is sunny and people outdoors.
Further, it's been shown Vitamin D helps combat. Your body produces Vitamin D from... Sunlight.

The fall/winter worry is many folks will no longer be outdoors (ie. Distancing and vit D production) and huddled indoors and allowing spread to ramp up.

One fan. Fans were not tested prior to entering the stadium, so this is bad science. The fan could have had it before the game. There a lot of people who are rooting for more than one case, unfortunately.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom