Fangio to Denver (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
Sorry if this has already been posted, I checked the board and didn't see it.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/25721280/denver-broncos-hiring-vic-fangio-coach

This is a great hire, but I can't imagine he's happy about the possibility of Von Miller being shipped out. Given Fangio's history with linebackers, I am sure he was probably excited to get to work with one of the best of this era. Elway has made a lot of bad moves when it comes to Denver's offense, but trading Von Miller would be something unforgivable and much worse.

I don't like the Kubiak hire at OC either, looks like their offense will still be a train wreck.

Sorry if this has already been posted, I checked the board and didn't see it.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/25721280/denver-broncos-hiring-vic-fangio-coach

This is a great hire, but I can't imagine he's happy about the possibility of Von Miller being shipped out. Given Fangio's history with linebackers, I am sure he was probably excited to get to work with one of the best of this era. Elway has made a lot of bad moves when it comes to Denver's offense, but trading Von Miller would be something unforgivable and much worse.

I don't like the Kubiak hire at OC either, looks like their offense will still be a train wreck.

Kubiak coached them to a Superbowl and retired for health reasons....him coming back as the OC is a good move because he doesn't have the responsibility of a head coach and can focus on the offense and assist the new head coach who is coming into his first head coaching job.

Kubiak coached them to a Superbowl and retired for health reasons....him coming back as the OC is a good move because he doesn't have the responsibility of a head coach and can focus on the offense and assist the new head coach who is coming into his first head coaching job.

Kubiak's offense was a train wreck in that SB year and they won in spite of it and their Hall of Fame quarterback.

Manning had fallen off a cliff in production but the two immediately tangled up wrestling over control of that offense. Come playoff time, Manning was running the show and you could tell with how heavily they ran the ball. Kubiak couldn't get that offense to work with him or Brock Osweiler.

People forget how he ran Matt Schaub into the ground in Houston. When Schaub began regressing, Kubiak did him no favors with his offensive scheme. It's no question why Manning had a problem with him from the beginning.

Outside of Schaub's good years in Houston, Kubiak has not really had any success with another QB or his offense in general. Denver's offense was still a train wreck in 2016 with Trevor Sieman.

My heart goes out to him for his health problems, though I don't like that hire at all and can't imagine Broncos fans are excited to go through his obsolete offensive schemes again.

There's a reason he hadn't been a head coach before -- whether it's the fact that he's never been a head coach at any level including high school or that he just didn't want it before. The jury is out on whether he'll succeed IMO.

For you younger guys, Fangio’s first job in the NFL was LB coach under Mora. He coached the dome patrol.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom