Fan's first time in New Orleans (1 Viewer)

Ride the streetcar from Canal St. to Audubon park and walk the walking track. It will allow u a casual view of beautiful oak trees and some uptown homes that border the park. You can also visit the Audubon zoo which is a top 10 zoo in the country!

Ride the steetcar from Audubon zoo, to City park. City park is much larger and has the New Orleans museum of art. Plenty of walking paths and a lot more oak trees to see than Audubon park. You can also have beignets at Morning Call cafe or it may now be Cafe’ du Monde by now. Either/or, are good.

Take an uber or lyft to Landry’s for lunch. Landry’s seafood is along the Lake Pontchatrain shore line. You will have a nice view of the lake and the Southern yacht club.

The best breakfast for game day. Take an uber or lyft to Russell’s marina grill. It is near Landry’s. Get the 9th. It is poached eggs over toast, with a hollandaise sauce and a crab cake between the egg and the toast. It is killer. Plus it has the #9 associated with it. Can’t go wrong.

Carousel bar at the Monteleone hotel on Saturday night. Should have a lot of fans there. Both Rams and Saints fans alike. It revolves slowly as you sip and drink. And of course, it looks like a carousel.

Bring a heavy jacket. It's going to be in the 30's and windy on game day.

The Cabildo has a Louisiana History Museum and the Presbytere has a carnival history museum which are both top notch. (Those are the two buildings flanking the Cathedral in Jackson Square.)
More about the Cabildo, most historians say this building is the second most important building in American history(after Independence Hall in Philadelphia) as this is where the Louisiana Purchase was signed. Love the museum there. Then go next door to St.Louis Cathedral, a truly beautiful church.

A note if you're going to Cafe Du Monde, just find an open table and sit down. The servers will come to you. Most visitors don't know this and end up forming a line somewhere. Other than that, everything people above noted is enough to fill a month in NOLA. I lived there for 18 years and haven't been to all the places mentioned.

National WW2 Museum (last I heard, it is the 2nd ranked museum in the world, set aside at least half a day, it's that big), live music on Frenchman St. (it's in the Marigny which is the area next to the French Quarter), ride the streetcar down St. Charles and check out the Garden District, check out one of the cemeteries, visit City Park, take a haunted history tour. Oh, and eat... a lot.

This nailed it.

Frenchman is great and has music and art markets. Great stuff.

Go to Bourbon just to say you did then leave immediately. I'd also go during the day and not at night. I can only imagine how congested that place would be during the NFCCG weekend AND with the construction going on there (I'm assuming they haven't wrapped that up since I was there a month ago)

I really enjoy taking the ferry across from Algiers as well. Love seeing the city from that side of the River.

Glad to see the suggestion of WW2 Museum. I've never done that but definitely will on the next trip.

Wow this post is golden. Way better than those TripAdvisor ones. Saints fans are the best.
Agree, this has been beyond anything I could have hoped for. Thanks to everyone, slowly working my way through it all and I have loved every suggestion so far.

Mate this is amazing, I'll make sure to get through your suggestions as I've given myself 3 days in the city to get amoungst it as much as possible. Thank you.

Vic from Vic's Kangaroo Cafe is from Bendigo, but he might have passed away a little while back. I could be wrong. They also sold Cooper's there. And meat pies. Sorry no VB or Boags anywhere in town.

WWII Museum rivals the one in Canberra. In fact, they have some sort of partnership with each other. Also, UofQ Medical School has a two-year teaching program with Ocshner Hospitals, but now I have really digressed.

Want to start out gameday with an authentic, tried and true Breakfast at a NOLA institution? Camellia Grill on Carrollton.

Most of the highlights have been hit Not sure if Lafitte's Blacksmith Shop (bar) was mentioned. Port of Call has a fantastic burger Restaurant Revolution (in the Royal Sonesta Hotel I think) was one of the best meals I've ever had.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom