Fans In Dome (1 Viewer)

Depending upon what happens, such as a limit on the number attending, it could happen. But that decision is a few weeks away.

I was also wondering about the possibility of early-season games at LSU if the city maintains covid mandates stricter stricter than those anywhere else in the state.

The bottom line is uncertainty. But you can bet the top folks on Airline Hwy. will shortly begin discussing in earnest contingency plans.

I lost my seats. Didn’t get a call. By the time I inquired, nothing but $300 seats. They say I’m on the top of the list for next year. They refunded me my 2020 money that they have been sitting on for a year.

I’m starting to think I got very lucky. The virus is getting bad. The virus hype is exploding.

I mean- again, from the outside not currently living in NOLA- everything you listed in your post seems like the responsible, appropriate things to do for a city leader in the midst of a global pandemic . 🤷🏻‍♂️ …. I just dont understand the backlash, or why any of this is considered ‘her fault’, or especially what’s wrong with begging people to get vaxxed.
I'm not gonna blame her when she inevitably pulls the plug. My frustration is that people in the local area know she'll do it, yet they want to act shocked over mask mandates she issued yesterday and the stark reality that time is almost out with the regular season starting in early Sept. She said way back in April what the threshold would be and basically told people if they wanted "normal events" to go get jabbed. This is a people being stupid issue, local officials have begged people daily since April to get vaxxed. This is simply the chickens coming home to roost at this point

I'm not gonna blame her when she inevitably pulls the plug. My frustration is that people in the local area know she'll do it, yet they want to act shocked over mask mandates she issued yesterday and the stark reality that time is almost out with the regular season starting in early Sept. She said way back in April what the threshold would be and basically told people if they wanted "normal events" to go get jabbed. This is a people being stupid issue, local officials have begged people daily since April to get vaxxed. This is simply the chickens coming home to roost at this point
Yep, May 14, 2021

While we’ve made significant progress fighting COVID’s impact in New Orleans, unvaccinated people need to understand that the burden of risk now shifts to them,” said New Orleans Health Department Director Dr. Jennifer Avegno. “COVID strains and variants can still unleash their full effects on residents who are not vaccinated. I’m imploring everyone to take advantage of the free, lifesaving COVID-19 vaccine as soon as possible and to enjoy the freedoms that come with full vaccination.”
April 2021,

Got to get to 75%
However, there remains a big gap between the City's current rate of full vaccination – about 35.8% – and the goal to reach 75% and herd immunity. Continuing to mask and maintain distancing will mitigate further illness and death while the City works toward that vaccination standard.

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom