Fans In Dome (2 Viewers)

Do you want to be part of the solution or problem? Ask yourself that before you go to bed tonight

I wear the mask at work, even though I have no faith in its efficacy, and I have been inoculated. I just don’t believe societal lockdown are the answer. I do sleep well at night. Very well.

The latest from the CDC is the Delta variant has an R0 of somewhere between 5 and 9, which is on the order of small pox and measles.

For those of you unfamiliar with the term, R0 (R-naught) is the average number of people that each infected person will spread the disease to. It's a measure of the degree of transmissibility of the virus. An R0 of 8 or 9 is almost unprecedented.

By comparison, the Alpha (original) variant has an R0 of approximately 2, which is very similar to the common cold.

The unvaccinated are playing with fire at this point, but that's their choice and I respect it to a degree. The next month could be pure hell in some locales/communities.

I was under the impression that every stadium has already agreed to full attendance, with Indy being the last one to do it. It’s time to move on folks. We gonna keep doing this every time a new variant comes out?
Yup, lol

no, actually I’m a registered nurse if you really want to know. So you’re saying we could go on forever shutting things down if a new variant keeps coming along? If you’re scared, get vaccinated. I’m certainly vaccinated. No need to punish the ones of us who are. We are ready to get on with our lives.
Wow, surprising view from a registered nurse. You must be seeing a different scenario than is being reported.

I'd like to see proof of vaccination as a requirement to get into the dome. The thought of not going to games again this year is really depressing.
Wish they would do this, but I'm not holding my breath.

all these other sports had fans. There will be fans just a matter of a full pack

I'll take what I see as confirmation over your biased opinion(ie someone who doesn't deal with it firsthand). Hospitals are once again being overrun by patients WITH COVID. The hospital my wife and I work at boards at least 30 patients waiting a room. The hospital is understaffed everywhere and there's nowhere to put the patients.

Numbers have skyrocketed in Louisiana(mostly due to the unvaccinated) and, sad to say, the worst in the country. This is likely due to the inaction of greater than 60% of the population here to go get a vaccine.

Saying "just get vaccinated" is all well and good but quite frankly is not helpful since those stubborn enough to resist for the past year and a half are likely going to continue opting out. The facts may soon be that to protect EVERYONE we'll need to drag these selfish "children" kicking and screaming to get a shot.

I don't believe in trampling on someone's civil liberties, but when your misinformed beliefs start to affect me, it crosses the line(I'm vaccinated but my children are too young, and I'll be darned if they get sick because of everyone's selfishness) . And it's all age groups affected not just old, not just young. EVERYONE.

I'll take short term/long term effects of covid vaccines over short term/long term covid infection any day. Polio was eradicated by mass vaccinations and the unselfishness needed.

What's wrong with people today?

/rant

Cantrell just reinstated a mask requirement for indoors in public place. Based on his comments this afternoon, Edwards will likely impose some type of mask requirement on Monday. At the moment, there is considerable doubt what the Superdome will look like in the fall.

Cantrell just reinstated a mask requirement for indoors in public place. Based on his comments this afternoon, Edwards will likely impose some type of mask requirement on Monday. At the moment, there is considerable doubt what the Superdome will look like in the fall.
I was just coming to post this. Like I said in my previous post, Mayor Cantrell does what she wants in Orleans Parish. It does not matter what JBE says. She can and will limit attendance if she feels it is necessary. I have heard that it has already been discussed, just pending on future positivity rates.

I am speculating, but Edwards may have the authority to limit what Cantrell does. Politically, he probably will take no action, but he may have the power.

I'll take short term/long term effects of covid vaccines over short term/long term covid infection any day.
Yeah, well...you don't know what they might possibly be, so...there's that. And considering that some have died from taking the vaccine either directly or indirectly, that's an awfully calloused take from a medical professional. "Public health" doesn't care about the "broken eggs" - it cares about making the omelet. It's up to each person to assess for themselves and their families the risk of unnecessarily becoming a broken egg, even if it might impact you. Protect yourself and your own family accordingly.

Nobody is going to be dragged into anywhere to get a shot in this country. LOL.

Having said all that, I understand that it's been a rough year and a half for the world and especially people in your field. The ranting and venting is reasonable.

P.S. in before this thread goes to EE...

I am speculating, but Edwards may have the authority to limit what Cantrell does. Politically, he probably will take no action, but he may have the power.
Nope. Cantrell is ultimate authority in NOLA. Which is why Saints were threatening to play in Baton Rouge last season.

Mayors can manage their municipalities as they see fit, but there could be a price to pay if there was a conflict. Such as less state funds for local needs.

I was under the impression that every stadium has already agreed to full attendance, with Indy being the last one to do it. It’s time to move on folks. We gonna keep doing this every time a new variant comes out?
As long as people that are suppose to wear a mask and don’t; yep! But u asked. So now you know.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom