Fantasy Baseball Help (1 Viewer)

Frank The Rat

VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I am in a league at work that I won last year. It is a keeper league, however we only get to keep 5 players. I need some suggestions on who to keep. I have set up 5 currently, but that may change.

I have the following players set up as my keepers at this time.

Pitchers - Jake Peavy(SP), Bobby Jenks(RP), Jose Valverde(RP)
I kept both Jenks and Valverde because you have two starting RP spots in our league and it isn't easy to find one 40 Save relief pitcher, let alone two.

Batters - Jose Reyes(SS), Ryan Braun(3B)

chose Braun because he was money at the end of last season and Reyes because of the steals, etc.

The way I figure it when we get down to the draft it will be easier to get more batters then it is to get the type of pitchers that I have in Peavy, Jenks, and Valverde. Below is my entire roster.

Batters

Russell Martin - C
Todd Helton - 1B
Rickie Weeks - 2B
Chipper Jones - 3B
Jose Reyes - SS
Grady Sizemore - OF
Carlos Lee - OF
Alex Rios - OF
David Ortiz - DH
Carlos Guillen - 1B, SS
Chone Figgins - 3B
Ryan Braun 3B

Pitchers
Jeremy Accardo - RP
Manny Corpas - RP
Jake Peavy - SP
Brett Myers - SP
Bobby Jenks - RP
Jose Valverde - RP
Pedro Martinez - SP
Kelvim Escobar - SP

I heard Valverde want be the closer in Arizona this year, that or he is being up for trade offers..... However, I did hear this like 2-3 weeks ago on Fantasy Baseball Insider on ESPN News.... Eric was the one too mention this I believe....

I would keep Russel Martin, Ryan Braun, Rickie Weeks, Grady Seizmore, Jose Reyes

That would all but cover you except for 1st Base and 2 OF spots.... You have the HRs, SBs, hits, and runs..... only category's I see being a disadvantage is strikeouts and walks with that group....

With that Lineup you can all but draft Pitching with your first 5 picks unless you snag a top 4 pick then you would have too get one of these guys (Santana-Arod-Howard-Pujols) with your first pick.

I heard Valverde want be the closer in Arizona this year, that or he is being up for trade offers..... However, I did hear this like 2-3 weeks ago on Fantasy Baseball Insider on ESPN News.... Eric was the one too mention this I believe....

I would keep Russel Martin, Ryan Braun, Rickie Weeks, Grady Seizmore, Jose Reyes

That would all but cover you except for 1st Base and 2 OF spots.... You have the HRs, SBs, hits, and runs..... only category's I see being a disadvantage is strikeouts and walks with that group....

With that Lineup you can all but draft Pitching with your first 5 picks unless you snag a top 4 pick then you would have too get one of these guys (Santana-Arod-Howard-Pujols) with your first pick.

Valverde was traded a to Houston in December. No way do you keep Weeks over Peavy. You don't do that if you are Rickie Weeks' parents.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom