fantasy football draft (1 Viewer)

saintsspurs86

there's always this year
Reaction score
who do you draft first at each position this year?
sp far, i have 2 Saints at their respective positions:

QB; Drew Brees. maybe theres a little bias in there, but the guy has had 2 straight 5000 yard, 40+ TD seasons. i dont see much changing this year, even if our running game does improve. he had his record setting year the same year we had the #6 rushing offense, so i go with Brees here

RB; Adrian Peterson. i know he has his sights on 2500 yards, but lets be realistic here. if i could put my money on any RB getting to that number, i would pick AP every time, but i would say back to back 2000 yard seasons is a stretch. however, that being said, this guy is still by far (its not even close) the #1 RB in football today and probably the best we have seen in the last 15 years.

WR; Calvin Johnson. again, almost the same as above. another season like he had last year would be hard to replicate, but again, if anyone can do it, its Megatron. i dont see anyone coming within 300 yards of him this season. and as much as they throw the ball, i wouldnt put it past him to reach the 20 TD mark

TE; Jimmy Graham. i know the consensus across the league is that Gronk is the undisputed best TE in football. but Jimmy is a consensus number 2. plus, Jimmy is coming into the season healthy. Gronk is coming in with 4 forearm surgeries, plus a pretty major back surgery. for a man his size who plays the game as physically as he does, those kind of surgeries dont bode well for Gronk. so for those reasons, i have to go with Graham here

Defense; Pittsburgh. this is always tough for me, but i just love the way these guys are coached. every year we call them old, every year they prove everyone wrong. these guys just dominate in every factor of defense. the talent on this defense in unbelievable. not many teams have the talent at each position on D that these guys have, aswell as the Hall Of Fame coaches that make these guys as good as they are.

Kicker; whoever you want. kickers are kickers. they are the least consistent players in the league. Hartley went from Superbowl hero to scapegoat in a couple years. David Akers went from record setting kicker to unemployed in a season. these guys are just not reliable. its pout luck. so, just pick someone and hope it works out for you!

It's still early to rank players really but if I had a draft right now it would be Brees as my top ranked QB, still finished #1 without Payton last year. AP as my top RB, Calvin at WR, Graham at TE, like you said I wouldve considered Gronk but with his numerous surgeries so far this offseason I dont see how anyone could not have Graham #1. Phil Dawson as my top kicker. Hes been in the top 10 with the freakin Browns the past few years, imagine his stats now that he'll be with a team that can move the ball. Defense is the hardest position to try to predict really but I guess I would go Seahawks. IMO they have the best corners in the league now with the addition of Antoine Winfield. They should have plenty of takeaways next year

My biggest issue is picking a running back to hold over. I've got Reggie Bush, Vick Ballard, Darren Sproles, and Chris Ivory. I just have a feeling I'm gonna let the wrong one go.

My biggest issue is picking a running back to hold over. I've got Reggie Bush, Vick Ballard, Darren Sproles, and Chris Ivory. I just have a feeling I'm gonna let the wrong one go.

Keeper league? Can't go wrong with Sprolesy. Ballard isnt likely to put up monster numbers and Ivory and Bush are real appealing but have injury histories. If you're a play it safe guy I would go Sproles but if you're a risk taker I'd go Reggie

Keeper league? Can't go wrong with Sprolesy. Ballard isnt likely to put up monster numbers and Ivory and Bush are real appealing but have injury histories. If you're a play it safe guy I would go Sproles but if you're a risk taker I'd go Reggie

If its a ppr league do not let sproles go! With Bradshaw now in Indy, ballard prolly won't get the start. How many keepers and whose the rest of your team?

It should definitley be between Sproles and Bush in a PPR league. I would lean towards Bush though. I think the Lions are going to use him heavily in the passing game and he will have at least 65-70 receptions. Sproles may have 75-80 catches, but will not have near the amount of rushing yards that Bush will have IMO. Sproles will play more of the 3rd down role with the Saints, whereas Bush will play that role plus be the primary ballcarrier with the Lions. Neither one is going to see many goal line opportunites, with Ingram and Lehsoure taking those opportunites.

It should definitley be between Sproles and Bush in a PPR league. I would lean towards Bush though. I think the Lions are going to use him heavily in the passing game and he will have at least 65-70 receptions. Sproles may have 75-80 catches, but will not have near the amount of rushing yards that Bush will have IMO. Sproles will play more of the 3rd down role with the Saints, whereas Bush will play that role plus be the primary ballcarrier with the Lions. Neither one is going to see many goal line opportunites, with Ingram and Lehsoure taking those opportunites.

I think they'll both be good picks but I still like Sproles a little better than Bush

The Bradshaw signing helps eliminate one option. I am still gonna target Ballard as a backup with potential in a later round.

Some other info I found interesting is that Rashard Mendenhall is looking to be the front runner to start in Arizona, and Bruce Arians says he isn't going to play a rbbc.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom