Fantasy football tips ? (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
so last year was my first time attempting a fantasy league and it was half way good, i had peyton manning and jimmy graham and we all know the numbers they had last season, but when they didn't score all my points i lost because those were my first two picks. i had frank gore but he wasn't spectacular all the time. i did have the nerve to get khiry robinson but not because of knowledge , mostly out of being a homer and wanting him to succeed, which he did but not the times i used him. also i had attempted twice last year, the first time being on yahoo and god was that a mistake. WARNING DO NOT USE YAHOO FOR FANTASY. after i made my team i logged on the next day and had none of players… they all got switched around like ***.

anyways was just hoping if someone knew the best place to go, the one where i had a season and lost was on ESPN and it was good enough. but i felt everyone else in the league was random and i was looking for more active players. specifically more whodats to try it with so i could post season scores on this site.
i did try on NFL.com early this week but thats when i thought it would be cooler if it was with people i could communicate with better so here i am.

Go RB's early, You can get a quality QB in the later rounds.

JMHO I wouldn't stick to the RB/RB theory for this year.

Obviously having that bell cow giving you automatic points is a big deal, half the first rd running backs last year were "busts". Outside of Charles, Shady, AP, Lacy and Forte there are really risky RB options left such as Foster, Lynch, Murray, bell, and ball.

So you're staring some pretty risky guys in the face when you could have some really safe picks such as Megatron, Graham, Demarius Thomas, Dez.. Hell I'm not opposed to taking A-Rod or Brees late in the first especially this year.

There is some serious value to be had in WR's for the first 3 rounds and some later RB fliers that are poised to be great such as MJD, Rashad Jennings, Andre Ellington, Reggie Bush, Fred Jackson, and even Bishop Sankey.

My secret strategy this year is to snag Graham and Gronk and leave the rest of the league weak at TE while I have two of the best racking up 20-30 pts a game. I'm holding my breath on Gronks health.

The best advice I can give you is to find a Fantasy Ranking you like and follow it pretty closely. If you are able to get one of the top 4 RB, I would grab them, otherwise I would like at one of the top 3 WR or QBs. Toss Jimmy Graham in some where at the end of the first and go from there.

Your first two picks are your most important, so get the most highly rated overall players you can with the first two picks. You can get cute at the end of the draft, but grab value players at every chance.

Keep one thing in mind this year in particular there are a LOT of mid round RBs that will produce. My own strategy has been to target WR early and often picking up whatever value RBs fall.

You are going to need a kicker and a team defense, but these should be your LAST two picks. Load up on back-ups for WR and RB as those picks will sometimes hit and you have a stud.

Some will tell you to make sure your back-ups do not have conflicting Bye weeks, but that is not worth worrying with IMO. Your roster will be a fluid entity with the bench slots shuffling as players blow up or get hurt, so bye weeks will take care of themselves.

First of all, Yahoo has been great to me. Were you in a public league or a custom league where the commish could have screwed you over?

Second of all, in terms of draft strategy I have two types. One based on default public league settings and the other based specifically to each custom league's scoring settings. If WR's are made to be strong in the league then I'll lean to them in the early rounds. Or is QB's are made to be strongest in the league, I'd lean towards drafting one first round. All depends on the settings to me.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom