Fantasy mid way beasts and busts. (1 Viewer)

bclemms

More than 15K posts served!
Reaction score
Busts:

Shaun Alexander has killed me in a couple of leagues but luckily I was smart enough to go after guys like Jamal Lewis in the later rounds and even picked Westbrook since he fell down many draft boards early on.

Ronnie Brown has been a huge downer. I took him in a lot of leagues and expected him to have a breakout year. I have watched some of the Dolphins games and they have been horrible blocking up front.

Larry Fitzgerald has been injured for the last few weeks and wasn't exactly lighting it up before that.

Donte Stallworth isn't good enough to hurt you if he goes down for an extended play but my god he has been yanked from the lineup just before the game starts enough to take down the best of teams and coming when he has had the all world match ups.

Palmer to Johnson has been one of the best QB/WR duo's in the NFL the past couple of years. What a major letdown! Luckily I didn't trust either of them and have stayed away in all but a couple of leagues.

Jake Plummer has been exactly what I expected the last 3 weeks. However, in week 1 he manages negative points against the Rams and it didn't get better until the last few weeks. Luckily I stuck with him and I think he will be a key to my success in the playoffs because look at his schedule. Week 15 @ Arizona, Week 16 Cincy, week 17 San Fransisco.

Reggie Bush has been a fantasy bust, however, I don't think it is his fault. I think the people drafting him in the 1st-3rd rounds were crazy.

Lamont Jordan killed me last year. The Raiders were not playing for anything past week 7, their offensive line was horrible, he was always questionable, the passing game couldn't take pressure off him and the Raiders don't know what a drive looks like. Glad he is killing the competition this year. I did snag him in a couple drafts in which he fell to the 3rd round and I stacked up in RB's and took chances on QB's and WR's late.

Edgerin James, the good news is I passed on him in most my drafts, the bad news is I usually took Ronnie Brown instead.

Randy Moss, for some reason he was falling into the 3rd round this year. I thought he was going to have a big year with Aaron Brooks but I could not make myself pick him (thank god).

RB's. Cadillac, Lamont Jordan, Mike/Tatum Bell, Warrick Dunn, Alexander, Bush, Willie Parker, etc. If you didn't pick LJ or LT then your struggling to keep up. Luckily If I was picking 4th -7th I went against fantasy rule and grabbed Peyton.

Neal Rackers: I lauged hard when guy picked him in the 7th round and I am laughing harder now.

Dante Culpepper: He sucked last year and he sucks this year.

Beasts:

Javon Walker, I didn't understand how this guy could last until the 5th or 6th rounds and I didn't care why. I took him in almost every fantasy league I have and usually drafted him in the late 4th or early 5th. This past week he won several games for me all by himself. He is good for 6 catches 90 yards and a TD just about every week. Then of course he has a game like he did Sunday and makes a team hard to beat.

Darrell Jackson, This is another WR that lasted until the 6th round because of injury problems. Well he has done nothing but break bid TD's every week. He has yet to have a huge game but he has been consistent, even with the addition of Branch and even with Alexander on the bench.

LT and LJ: no explaining needed.

Peyton: see LJ and LT

Reggie Wayne has finally started to take over as the Colts #1 WR, not that the #2 WR is a bad spot but you can see that when Peyton needs a big play he is looking for Wayne now.

Vikings defense. I drafted them with the last pick in every single draft. They have got sacks, don't give up a lot of points, force turnovers but most importantly they score TD's when the other teams put the ball at risk. It is hard to lose when your defense is scoring double digits every week.

Colston- no need to explain. Too bad ESPN wouldn't let me play him as a TE after week 5.

Greg Jennings- I can't believe this guy is still available as a free agent in some leagues.

Kitna- saved my season in several leagues

Pennington- nobody drafted him and he has been a very good backup QB. I think that is coming to an end with the next two games against Chicago and New England.

Brian Westbrook, this is a guy that could make both lists. He wowed us in the first quarter of the season, was a game time decision the 2nd, lets see what he can do the 2nd half.

Frank Gore, made a lot of people look smart when they drafted him in the 8th-10th round.

McNabb: was available long after Manning and Palmer were off the board.

Rex Grossman has been like a poison pill when you expect him to do good. When you expect him to fall flat on his face he will throw for 300 yards and 3 TD's. Still a very good pick up that went undrafted in most leagues.

Please add your beasts and busts.

my bust---chad johnson, cadillac williams

my beasts--colston, ravens D, hines ward is starting to pick it up, hasselbeck till he got hurt

How do you leave out Kevin Jones?

I must eat crow on this one. I was pretty much right about most of my preseason predictions, players that I avoided with with my first 2 picks:

Cadilac, Rudi Johnson, Edge, Kev Jones(oops), McGahee, Ronnie Brown, and Domanick Davis.

Ronnie Brown isnt doing that bad, I dont know that I would call him a bust, unless you took him in the top 6. BUt I am willing the bet that in most leagues he is a top 10 RB...at least he is most of mine.

People thought I was crazy when I wouldnt take any "big" running backs with picks 6-10. Instead I loaded up on WRs and took backs like, Warrick Dunn, Westbrook, Parker, T Jones, Maroney, Addai, Lewis, etc in the later rounds.

Check out these drafts from 2 of my money leagues:

With the 10th pick, I took TO and Bush, I passed on Jordan, Johnson, Edge, Davis at this point...I gambled on Westbrook falling in the next round, but he got scooped up before me. Then I took D Jackson and J Walker. Eventually, i ended up with Bush, Addai, and Mike Bell as my RBs. Yet I had TO, Jackson, Walker, and my sleeper: Colston as my WRs.

In my other league, it was an auction league, so I let everyone bid away all of their money on all of the big name Rbs named above. I ended up spending my money on Torry Holt, Steve Smith, TO, Chad Johnson, and Colston. THen I spent $10 on Westbrook...cheapest of the top 20 running backs....and $12 on Jordan(oops). $1 on T. Jones and M. Barber.

SO, since i loaded up on WRs, I ended up trading Steve Smith and Westbrook for Tomlinson and R Moss. THen i turned around and traded R Moss for Deuce.

My team is now:
McNabb
TO
Holt
Colston
Johnson
LT
Deuce
T Jones
Winslow

Not to shabby! Of course I am killing in this league and they are all whining about Alexander and others...:D

Ronnie Brown has close to 900 total yards this season. He isn't having an LJ or LT year but no one else is either. I drafted Brown in many leagues and since I was able to get him in the second round in each I consider him a good value, especially since the Dolphins may turn it on late as they did last year.

Winslow has been a great pick up for many teams, I consider him a beast as far as TE's go.

To me the biggest bust may just be Edge and L. Jordan because they have done nothing at all this year.

The reason I am calling Ronnie Brown a bust is because he only has 1 100 yard rushing game and 2 TD's this season. He does consistently put some points on the board but he is no where near what I thought he would be. I still think he is a top 3 RB in this league but that offensive line was just horrible for the first 7 games. If the Dolphins turn it around in the 2nd half of the season then Ronnie Brown will be good.

busts: Ben Rothlesburger - been hurt or played terrible all year.
T. Gonzales TE KC - had two TDs last week, but bad season.
Chad Johnson WR Cin - Ocho Cinco not putting up big #ss

beast: Colston TE NO - ultamate beast. The fact that yahoo has him listed as a TE makes him even more devastating.

Not enough TDs. He used to be the man at the position, now he is looking up at Gates, the Soldier, and even Clark from the Bears. He used to put up crazy numbers a couple of years ago.

Not enough TDs. He used to be the man at the position, now he is looking up at Gates, the Soldier, and even Clark from the Bears. He used to put up crazy numbers a couple of years ago.

Gates has 100yd less receiving and 1 more TD than Gonzo. And the soldier has less yards and the same amount TDs.

Gonzo's #s are about what you could expect from the TE position. Hardly a bust.

i guess hes not a complete bust. He just isnt performing to the level he has in the past 3-4 years. Compared to previous production, he's a bust.

The reason I am calling Ronnie Brown a bust is because he only has 1 100 yard rushing game and 2 TD's this season. He does consistently put some points on the board but he is no where near what I thought he would be. I still think he is a top 3 RB in this league but that offensive line was just horrible for the first 7 games. If the Dolphins turn it around in the 2nd half of the season then Ronnie Brown will be good.

Brown actually has 4 TDs this year, 2 against Pittsburgh, and 1 against New England and the Jets.. Part of the problem is that the Dolphins get down and then go away from the run.. I think he's only had 20+ carries in 2, maybe 3, games this year.. If they would stick with him, I think he'd produce more, like he did against the Bears..

Here's hoping they keep feeding him the ball cause I got him in one of my money leagues.. I picked 11th in a 12 team league.. It was either him or Edge at that point.. So I went with Brown..

Brown actually has 4 TDs this year, 2 against Pittsburgh, and 1 against New England and the Jets.. Part of the problem is that the Dolphins get down and then go away from the run.. I think he's only had 20+ carries in 2, maybe 3, games this year.. If they would stick with him, I think he'd produce more, like he did against the Bears..

Here's hoping they keep feeding him the ball cause I got him in one of my money leagues.. I picked 11th in a 12 team league.. It was either him or Edge at that point.. So I went with Brown..

Thanks for the correction. I forgot all about the 2 TD's he had in the Pittsburg game. Don't get me wrong, I was saying Brown was a bust but I'm not saying it was his fault. His line sucks and his QB sucks giving him a tough road to good stats. He is also a good receiving back although Harrington goes to him less than Culpepper was.

Not a bust, but Galloway was a top 5 WR last yr, and was really set to be the lone fantasy star on the team- a real dream come true. Simms goes down, and it's hit or miss. File that one under disappointments.

I got Frankie Gore in the 16th round, and coupled with KJones, I have had a situational matchup that doesn't quit. Gore approaches beastdom, but he just doesn't get the TDs.

Colston.

Took a flier on drafting Roy Williams a little early and that has paid off in spades.

I picked Alexander, after mulling hard over Tiki. I'm not ashamed, though. I've been limping along with Deuce & Dunn. Santana has hurt me, but Wayne has been solid. I also have Galloway. Someone picked Bush late in the 2nd..

Last edited:
Santana has definitely been a big bust this year.. After lighting it up last year, he's been terrible this year.. All 3 of his TDs came in one game..

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom