FAO Hunters (1 Viewer)

davy17c

Vive l'Ecosse Libre
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Like me, many Brits are not brought up on hunting and find it difficult to understand the attraction. I know that many of you, what with your gun obsession, enjoy this pastime. Here, until sunday unless someone can download it, is a BBC programme in which the presenter travels to Limpopo Province to stay in a hunting lodge with a group of American big game hunters and tries to join in on a hunt. Hunting in South Africa has become easier than ever before - in fact, it is a blossoming tourist industry.

the show lasts for 60mins and is worth a look.

BBC iPlayer - Louis Theroux's African Hunting Holiday

Like me, many Brits are not brought up on hunting and find it difficult to understand the attraction. I know that many of you, what with your freedom to protect yourselves and your property, and enjoy sporting with firearms, enjoy this pastime. Here, until sunday unless someone can download it, is a BBC programme in which the presenter travels to Limpopo Province to stay in a hunting lodge with a group of American big game hunters and tries to join in on a hunt. Hunting in South Africa has become easier than ever before - in fact, it is a blossoming tourist industry.

the show lasts for 60mins and is worth a look.

BBC iPlayer - Louis Theroux's African Hunting Holiday

Fixed :9:

Like me, many Brits are not brought up on hunting and find it difficult to understand the attraction.

It's called the thrill of the kill. You just haven't lived until you've decapitated a turkey with an arrow or blasted the front legs off a deer with a shotgun just to watch it frantically try to get away on its stumps.

It's called the thrill of the kill. You just haven't lived until you've decapitated a turkey with an arrow or blasted the front legs off a deer with a shotgun just to watch it frantically try to get away on its stumps.

That's one hell of a shotgun.

I don't get it either. It's almost as challenging going to the store and buying meat than it is to kill a deer with a rifle.

I don't get it either. It's almost as challenging going to the store and buying meat than it is to kill a deer with a rifle.

Only if you don't know when the delivery truck is coming and which entrance it's coming in.

and if the delivery guy has a really good sense of smell and vision so you have to stay downwind and remain really still and quiet.

It is certainly cheaper to go to the store and buy meat, but I dont object to people who hunt for food, or at least eat what they kill, but what is the point of killing for sport.

Honestly I'd rather take a photograph of aminals on a safari than kill them.

It is certainly cheaper to go to the store and buy meat, but I dont object to people who hunt for food, or at least eat what they kill, but what is the point of killing for sport.

Honestly I'd rather take a photograph of aminals on a safari than kill them.

I like to hunt and I'm with you on that, unless of course the meat and remains (minus whatever is to be mounted I guess) is donated to a local tribe or something.

Im on eof the few people you will meet who is a gun owner who does not hunt, and probably never will, unless I have to. Suits me just fine to pick up some meats at the store. I get no joy out of even the mere thought of "sport" hunting.

so you've never tracked an animal for miles to get a shot. while I may be able to drop that deer from 100 yards away I still have to find him.

so you've never tracked an animal for miles to get a shot. while I may be able to drop that deer from 100 yards away I still have to find him.

Drive down Burbank in Baton Rouge at 60 mph. You might bag 2 in 5 minutes.

The hunting I've seen involves putting out food and deer urine and sitting in a blind and waiting for them to come to you. Granted tracking one would be tougher.

Next time, put the gun down altogether and bag the thing. That would be a sport.

I've never killed a deer either, I'm not sure if I would have the nerve.
Ducks, teal, squirrels, rabbits, and a couple of blackbirds as a kid is about all I've shot. Oh and one nutria. I also put my own dog down with a 9mm many years ago, long story... :covri:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom