Farewell Peter Fonda (1 Viewer)

(Disclaimer: the following is a light-hearted parody tribute to Peter Fonda's breakthrough counterculture role in 1969's Easy Rider set partly to the tune of Steppenwolf's "The Pusher" an ironic, somewhat harsh anti-drug song which repeatedly used the words "God damn" so much in its chorus it got it banned on most radio stations across the country. This reply post is by no means an insult or disparaging or should be perceived as such.)

You know, I'm sure Peter Fonda smoked a lot of grass, Oh Lord he popped a lot of pills, but I'm certain he never took anything his spirit couldn't kill. While making the film Easy Rider, a film where two L.A.-based drug dealers get rich, go on a Quixotic but meaningful late 60's journey to find the real America, man but couldn't discover it anywhere I'm sure Fonda and Hopper saw a lot of people with tombstones in their eyes. God damn those Florida redneck pushers man....shot both Fonda and Hopper's characters in cold blood.

BTW, Peter and Dennis, you didn't blow it. And if you really believed you failed in the greater socio-poltical sense, it wasn't like you didn't try.

John Lennon wrote “She Said She Said” (Revolver) after a night tripping in LA - he was sitting in an empty hot tub with people including Peter Fonda, who kept saying that he had died as a child and knew what it was like to be dead.

And so I guess now he’s actually dead. RIP

John Lennon wrote “She Said She Said” (Revolver) after a night tripping in LA - he was sitting in an empty hot tub with people including Peter Fonda, who kept saying that he had died as a child and knew what it was like to be dead.

And so I guess now he’s actually dead. RIP
Wonder if he had dejavu?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom