Farewell (1 Viewer)

I tried using Ignore, but that only does so much. I enjoy learning and having my perspective challenged. I keep an open mind, so I become frustrated when others do not. I am definitely not the same person now as when I first started posting on SR.com and that's probably rare. For the most part, people are not looking to have their minds changed, so I no longer pretend that people share my perspective. It only leads to personal frustration.
I read my post again and realize I miss Bulldawg, man.

As a mental health therapist, I have to try to get people to cut out social media or video games if it's causing more bad vibes than good. Usually doesn't go over well. Cortisol doesn't just flash and then go away. It stays there. It's very introspective of you to see that in yourself and pull back.

Personally, I find the more time I spend in the discussions on this board, the more unhappy I am in other parts of my life. I peruse every day. But the more involved I am, the more it's an indicator to me that I'm hiding from something.........right now it's a massive amount of paperwork.

I tried using Ignore, but that only does so much. I enjoy learning and having my perspective challenged. I keep an open mind, so I become frustrated when others do not. I am definitely not the same person now as when I first started posting on SR.com and that's probably rare. For the most part, people are not looking to have their minds changed, so I no longer pretend that people share my perspective. It only leads to personal frustration.

On the same note, SR has changed my mind on several different topics over the years.....or at the very least, gave me a look from the other side's viewpoint. If you truly engage with an open mind, your world can be brightened with many different perspectives. It's crazy how knowledgeable folks are around here....and most are very well mannered. I haven't been down to the PDB since they got rid of the "restoring humor" thread (lol)....so I'm not sure if that place went south. I think this is the best run site on the net. Try having a real political discussion on tiger droppings. Oh, my!!!

Good luck trying to keep away. Saintsreport is like crack....you gotta have it! But a break is probably needed.....just come back as Retrobananna. Never took to the new username! lol

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom