Fat Houma men cry discrimination after buffet bans them (1 Viewer)

DadsDream

Dreaming of a SAINTS Super Bowl!
Reaction score
FOX NEWS
Pair Claims Buffet Restaurant Banned Them for Hearty Eating
Wednesday, January 02, 2008

HOUMA, La. — A 6-foot-3, 265-pound man says a restaurant overcharged him for his trips to the buffet line, then banned him and a relative because they're hearty eaters.

A spokesman for the restaurant denies the claim.

Ricky Labit, a disabled offshore worker, said he had been a regular for eight months at the Manchuria Restaurant in Houma, eating there as often as three times a week.

On his most recent visit, he said, a waitress gave him and his wife's cousin, 44-year-old Michael Borrelli, a bill for $46.40, roughly double the buffet price for two adults.

"She says, 'Y'all fat, and y'all eat too much,"' Labit said.

READ MORE
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,319688,00.html

I honestly don't know what to think about this.....they both have a valid point....but I think the restaurant can't legally do this.

Some Chinese food buffet kicked out my ex step dad and his freind. They didnt charge them and told them to leave and not come back.

I honestly don't know what to think about this.....they both have a valid point....but I think the restaurant can't legally do this.

I heard this morning that the restaurant allegedly had a policy that if you ate a lot of seafood they reserved the right to charge you more. So, they might have a good argument there.

Although I think overall they have to charge the price they advertise, they can refuse to let someone in their restaurant if they want to.

hahhahahhahhahahah that's awesome

A friend of mine got kicked out of the Egg Roll King for eating too much meat and not enough veggies.

Ya'll fat and ya'll eat too much... good stuff

you will start seeing buffets with a 3 plate maximum.....

hahhahahhahhahahah that's awesome

A friend of mine got kicked out of the Egg Roll King for eating too much meat and not enough veggies.

Ya'll fat and ya'll eat too much... good stuff

"Ya'll fat and ya'll eat too much!"

There's sigpic and avatar potential galore in that tagline. :smilielol:

I heard this morning that the restaurant allegedly had a policy that if you ate a lot of seafood they reserved the right to charge you more. So, they might have a good argument there.

Although I think overall they have to charge the price they advertise, they can refuse to let someone in their restaurant if they want to.

If that's the case, they should post how much seafood is too much seafood.

It is an all you can eat and they do/did. As advertised.

If you eat so much that you get kicked out of restaurants for eating too much, you may want to reconsider your eating habits. Do you really have to eat all you can?

If that's the case, they should post how much seafood is too much seafood.

It is an all you can eat and they do/did. As advertised.

They did, it's what they consider too much.:mwink:

Honestly, I think that is legally good enough, assuming they did inform customers that was the rule. If you know the restrictions and you choose to eat there, you are accepting the contract.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom