father / daughter dance help (1 Viewer)

oh my. my daughter is getting married in may.

--

i was born with two left feet, yet blessed with the most wonderful daughter in the world. i need -----desperately!--help in finding the right song.

1) short--under four minutes yet i feel i'll want the moment to go on forever.
2) prefer a country song, yet we share a common cat stevens attraction
3) i'd love to start crazy but end slow
4) anyone been in my awkward shoes?

toss me anything------please no nickleback.
Are you in charge of picking the song?

'Cause for me, since it would be her wedding I would let her choose what she wants to dance to and do anything she asked. If she wanted one of those crazy choreographed things, then for that song I do what she wants and look silly but make her happy. If she wants a slow song so we can just dance slowly to a meaningful song, then that's what I do.

If I have to pick I would think of songs that have meaning for us, not necessarily ones that have words that mean something but are not special to us. For my middle daughter, Bulls on Parade has meaning for us because we would listen to that song many times when I was driving her to school and we made up our own silly lyrics to it and rocked out in the car. For my youngest right now (she's only 4) she loves Video Killed the Radio Star so that might be it, but we have lots of time to have another song usurp that one.

And of course even if you're the one picking the songs, run the songs by her unless you are certain she would agree with your choice. It is her day after all. :)

Base move + activity of choice

This is how I taught my boys and their friends. They give me lots of grief but they all do it.

Your base move is pretending there is a grease spot on the wall behind you and rubbing it out with your butt in circular back and forth motions. Anyone can clean a spot on the wall with their butts. :D

To the base move you add activity of choice with the upper body. It could be the sprinkler, casting a fishing rod and reeling it in, the swim, the lasso, the phantom juggle or whatever.

I realize this is horrible advice. But I did get some teenagers who were terrified of dancing to clean spots off the wall and the girls loved it. :ezbill:

Here is "the sprinkler" for an activity. Whatever you do, don't do it like this guy does. :D Notice though, without even knowing what he is doing, he has added the rub the spot basic move.

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/bOtAzgw_yEA?feature=player_embedded" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Women may be different, but I've been to dozens of weddings and I can't remember from a single one how the bride's father danced. I'm pretty sure your daughter will just be glad you're there and I doubt anyone cares how you cut a rug.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom