Father - Son murder suicide (Curtis football player) (1 Viewer)

guidomerkinsrules

W H A T E V I R
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
John Curtis football player's father allegedly killed him, then himself | NOLA.com

People who knew Mark Tarto struggled to understand Friday why he would kill his only child, Matthew, 16, and then himself in the rented River Ridge home they shared, just blocks from where the teenager was a student athlete at John Curtis Christian School. Their bodies were found Friday morning in the Celeste Avenue home, after the teen's mother called authorities because she hadn't heard from her son.

post this here b/c i have to imagine that some members know this family and would want to know
strange story/tragedy
some things in the story don't really add up

the boy's body being dead more than a day before the dad did himself in - this is what puzzles me
my thought was that maybe the kid did it himself (purposefully or accidentally??) and the dad just couldn't handle the despair

obviously just wildly speculating - just horrible

My best friend is very close to his family, next door neighbors I think and she told me when I got off from work. I didn't know what to say or do at that point. It was a horrific thing to hear about, especially after working for so long on my part.

the boy's body being dead more than a day before the dad did himself in - this is what puzzles me
my thought was that maybe the kid did it himself (purposefully or accidentally??) and the dad just couldn't handle the despair

obviously just wildly speculating - just horrible

oh well, so much for wild speculation
Jefferson Parish coroner Gerry Cvitanovich said it's difficult for investigators to ascertain Matthew Tarto's exact time of death. Authorities noted that the thermostat in the home was set very low, cooling the house quite a bit.
"That made it difficult," Cvitanovich said. But coroner's office investigators are certain Matthew Tarto was "dead for several days before the father shot himself," he said.
Matthew Tarto was killed by a gunshot wound to the back of his head. Deputies found his body in bed. Cvitanovich said it's likely he was shot while he was asleep.

Dad stayed in house with son's body for days before committing suicide, coroner says | NOLA.com

other troubling aspects
Abuse allegations

But Mark Tarto's ex-wife, Lisa Tarto, leveled allegations of abusive behavior when she filed for divorce in the 24th Judicial District Court in March 2008. In her petition and subsequent court documents, she accused Mark Tarto of "habitual cruel treatment" and "extreme mental abuse." She also accused him of "brainwashing" their son and damaging her relationship with her son.

Lisa Tarto told the court her ex-husband had a lengthy history of verbal and emotional abuse that including cursing her, threatening to ruin her life and cutting up her clothing, court records said. She also alleged that Mark Tarto had exhibited "unstable mental health behavior."
The court granted the divorce in October 2011. The couple finalized a custody settlement in January.
pretty sure i read that the father had custody - mom couldn't prove abuse?

ugh

Bizarre tragic situation, would be nice to know the truth.....

My guess, the kid and the dad got into it about something.... Maybe the kid confronted the dad about his abusive ways and the father snapped.... Who knows??? But for a father to kill his son, man that is some major mental stuff going on.... Obviously the father needed help that he was not seeking....

Terrible...

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom