Father's day,miss you dad ii (2 Viewers)

pistolpete12105

son of a son of a sailor
Reaction score
Anybody wishing to post a picture of their dad,(living or deceased), please do. I usually start a thread just before the regular season, for all of the saints fan's dearly departed one's, to be posted. But being father's day sunday, i thought it would be approipate to post a picture of the dad's. GEAUX SAINTS!!!!!!!!

Attachments

• 167161_162147123837215_658800_n.jpg
    167161_162147123837215_658800_n.jpg
    77.6 KB · Views: 44
Ill toss this out here. Was good stuff... Bah nm got my last name on it lol, can't let people know that in case I drunk post lol

I wish I had a picture of my dad to put up. I miss him everyday but at least I know he's still with me.

why not.

my padre. been a die hard saints fan since 1967. has broken doors and cracked walls in rage; he's cried, hooped, and hollered in rejoice. Great guy and even better dad. ive been trying for a long time to get him to join saintsreport but he's a hardhead haha. happy father's day, love ya pops

Attachments

• 164133_188498624498882_5293573_n.jpg
    164133_188498624498882_5293573_n.jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 29
My dad. He passed away on Christmas Eve 2007. Every day of my life is dedicated to making this man proud.

Attachments

• daddy.jpg
    daddy.jpg
    17.8 KB · Views: 23
I wrote this article in 2002 and had almost forgotten about it until you started this post.

Happy Birthday Dad

<O:p></O:p>

It was eighteen years ago when I had the chance to see my first Saints game in person. I had been an avid fan for several years but up to that point had only seen them play via television. So for my birthday I received tickets to see the New Orleans Saints play the New York Jets in the Superdome and it was a present I will never forget.
My step-dad, Bobby, was the one who drove me to the game and incidentally was the first person to really expose me to the sport of football. So although I grew up only an hour from New Orleans, I give my step-dad credit for my love of the Saints. Funny thing was that although he was a Cowboys fan he also pulled for the Saints. I guess he couldn&#8217;t stand to see the dejection on my face when they lost.

Well, as we headed to the game that Sunday our trip took a slight detour as we were tail-ended by a tour bus. Now, of course my step-dad&#8217;s first thoughts were normal thoughts that most adults have when involved in an accident. Thoughts like &#8220;How bad was the damage?&#8221; or &#8220;How long is this going to take?&#8221; And more importantly, &#8220;Do we have any injuries?&#8221; However, my first thought at the ripe age of sixteen was somewhat different - &#8220;Great, so much for catching the opening kickoff!&#8221; He must have sensed my disappointment because after a brief exchange with the bus driver, he walked back to the car, glanced one more time at me, and we continued on to the Superdome. His car was slightly damaged and I&#8217;m sure the thought of &#8220;Lawsuit&#8221; was dancing around in his head. However, getting me to my first Saints game on time was his first priority. I didn&#8217;t realize how much that really meant to me until years later when I began to take on responsibilities of my own.
Although most of that day seems to have blurred over the years, I do remember some events quite vividly. I remember how incredible it was to be surrounded by that many Saints fans at one time. I remember how high up our seats were and how small the players looked. I remember making my way down towards the bench just in time to see Hokie Gajan break a long run (He ended up with 113 yards that day if you&#8217;re counting.) But unfortunately I also remember seeing Richard Todd throwing at will against the Saints in the second half. And of course I remember seeing the Saints blow a lead to end up losing in the end 28-31. Little did I know that the next 18 years would repeat that same disturbing trend like some sort of demented &#8220;Groundhog Day.&#8221; Oh the joy of being a Saints fan.

Monday would&#8217;ve been my step-dad&#8217;s 70th birthday &#8211; he passed away four years ago due to heart complications. I still miss him but I know that he&#8217;s near and I know that somewhere he&#8217;s rooting for his son&#8217;s team to finally win the &#8220;Big One.&#8221; Matter of fact, when the Saints recently won their first playoff game, I knew that he was somewhere whispering into the ear of the Man upstairs - &#8220;My boy doesn&#8217;t ask for much but can&#8217;t you please just give him this one small thing?&#8221; Bobby, thanks for turning me onto the Saints and for getting me to my first game on time. You&#8217;ll never know how much it meant to me. Happy Birthday.

ymynuhuh.jpg

Last picture I took of my dad. 5 hours after I took this he was gone.

I miss my dad everyday. He died on Christmas eve 2004. As much as i miss miss him, I'm glad he missed Katrina. It destroyed just about everything he worked his whole life for, and I'm glad he didn't have to see that.

I don't have a picture of my father. On the other hand though, I did stumble across this picture of the Atlanta Falcons' daddies. Here they are.

See what I did there: Who's your daddy, *****?

Oh yea I know y'all know what I'm talking about now. I RULE - O'DOYLE RULES!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    57.1 KB · Views: 13
Although he was the BIGGEST Cowboy fan I have ever known, he really loved some football! This time of year we'd argue about who was going to the Super Bowl or about how garbage I thought tony romo was and he would tell me how he thought drew was an interception machine. This is going to my be my second season without him. I wish I could watch the saints/cowboys with him to hear him cursing at tony romo or Jason garret, but instead I'll just celebrate the win and know somewhere he was watching too! I love you "Boudin"!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    85.1 KB · Views: 13
1004027_655930144421060_2132745965_n.jpg

Me & My Dad, Superdome, 1999 I think...Hug your dad and mom tight every chance you get cause they're more precious than any material thing in this world. #Whodat!

My dad passed in 1996 at 51 yrs old. He was such a great father to his kids,and we miss him dearly. I would like to wish all fathers of the Saints' nation,"A Happy Father's Day". Thank God I still have my Mom with me

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom