Faux Bulletin Board Fodder (1 Viewer)

Guitarzan

Banned
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
There are many who think, that as paid professionals, NFL players don't need, or at least, shouldn't need motivation. Bulletin Board Fodder is right there in that arguement. I know that I hate it when people talk about how good they are going to be against somebody before they even play the game (read: "Anytime I'm One on One against a LBer I feel I can win that battle" as a recent example). The arguement has gone back and forth between fans, but I do know coaches take advantage of it. They do so when there apparently isn't any that exists. If someone doesn't give them what they need they resort to fabricating it... so it seems.

From a Tampa news item:

The punt return against the Bucs is the only time Bush has found the end zone this season. Each member of the Tampa Bay punt-return defense team was reminded of the play this week by special teams coordinator Rich Bisaccia.

Inside their lockers, players were greeted by autographed photos of Bush -- some featuring action shots of his game-winning return -- with a mock message and Bush signature scribbled across the picture.

"There's no way you can tackle me.''

"Thanks for my first TD.''

"Get ready to see my back again Sunday.''

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/spor...v02,0,5532609.story?coll=orl-sports-headlines

Last edited:
Reggie's hand cramped up autographing all of these pictures for his Tampa Bay "fans", but since he is SO talented, he finished signing them while holding the pen in his toes. Now he has writers cramp in his foot and that was why he was held out of practice yesterday.

How is "Anytime I'm One on One against a LBer I feel I can win that battle" bulletin board fodder? He didn't disparage anyone or make fun of anyone. And really, can any LB in the NFL take Reggie one-on-one? Would any NFL LB ever claim to be able to? And he said "I feel" which is basically just confidence. It's just so different than any other bulletin board statement I've ever seen before. Joe is notorious for giving other teams statements to use (or at least he used to) and they usually dogged the opposition and seemed arrogant as opposed to confident. JMO.

Well he had times when he was one on one with the LBers and they sure made it their business that he didn't win.

HYPO... Uh Bart... yeah coach... you better make sure you don't end up one on one on Reggie because he says if that happens he is going to win. That's how it could be viewed as BB fodder

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom