Favorist Vocalist. (1 Viewer)

On the female side, my Top Five[tm] always has been, and will remain, as follows:

Ann Wilson
Karen Carpenter
Streisand
Ronstadt
5a) Olivia Newton-John
5b) Minnie Ripperton

Honorable mention:

Whitney Houston
Anne Murray

Sorry to quote myself guys (and Lovely Ladies of the EE)- but i just thought of one who absolutely has to be on my list.. Ms Donna Summer.. problem is, i dont know where to put her.. but her voice is timeless, and at one point in the late 1970s, she had THREE #1 hits in one calendar year…. Just listen to Dim All the Lights, On the Radio, the list goes on.. underrated for sure .

and a tribute to my avatar. The greatest front man in my humble opinion.

Along the hard rock/metal line I'll go with Ronnie James Dio. Great range, very good lyricist (Man on the Silver Mountain, Heaven and Hell) and a nice guy in person.

We met Dio after Black Sabbath played here in my hometown in 1981. There are few things more incongruous than Black Sabbath and Salisbury, Md in 1981. That said, sold-out show. I know I've recounted the story of speaking for 10-15 minutes with RJD after the show so I'll keep it short. Dio recognized us from being in the front row, and asked if we camped out to get the seats? We told him we did and he thanked us for that effort and hoped we felt we got our money's worth. We talked about education and the trials of being on the road. One of my buddies gave Tony Iommi a beer and Iommi smiled and said something along the lines of taking us all to Ireland to get real beer, thanked my buddy profusely, and downed the Busch. I was so impressed by the fact that these iconic musicians took time to speak with fans on a cold December night. They're all hall-of-fame in my book.

Mark Knopfler, Ella Fitzgerald (for whom my daughter is named), John Lee Hooker, Greg Allman, Johnny Winter.

Some, like Mark Knopfler, are helped by excellent lyrics.

Not a country fan by any means, but holy hell can this man sang, plus I do like how he performs with his wife...

Love this song, and the lyrics.

"Falling feels like flying 'til you hit the ground"

Yes, he can indeed sing.

On the female side, my Top Five[tm] always has been, and will remain, as follows:

Ann Wilson
Karen Carpenter
Streisand
Ronstadt
5a) Olivia Newton-John
5b) Minnie Ripperton

Honorable mention:

Whitney Houston
Anne Murray

Breaking:

IMG_5387.jpeg

IMG_5388.jpeg

i ‘dont know much’ - see what i did there ? About Ms Gomez.. but i like it, i like that they are doing a biopic on LR, and i will eventually check it out.. ya know, after they, like- film it and stuff .

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom