Favorite 49ers Moment (1 Viewer)

I can't remember what year but it was a Dome Patrol year and I believe Montana also at Candlestick. I believe we were tied with the 9ers for first and it was a classic battle back and forth. We were in the 3rd or 4th quater and San Fran had 1st and goal from like the 2 and could not get in. On 4th down I remember Vaughn Johnson screaming across the line of scrimmage, daring the 9ers to go for it. Man, he was really calling them out. They went for it, we stuffed them and I believe we went on to win the game and the division that year. Long time ago so my memory is kind of fuzzy. I guarantee some others will remember this.

The game that Delhome made the completion to Joe to end the game was the one that stands out to me but what stands out more is that it was Christmas Eve I think and one of the 49ers fans on the news said he was so embarrised to lose to the Saints after flying in from Ca. PRICELESS!!!!!!!!!!!!

I could be wrong....but I am pretty certain that jake Iced the Tampa game in the dome. Third down throw to Horn, a play where Horn told the corner before the snap that "oh, this game is OVER!" when he saw the corner take an outside shade on his alignment. The play was a slant to horn on third and eight. It was the game in throwback uni's. Horn did the great crawl and point celebration.

Mine would have to be, when my buddy and I drove 11 hours to San Fran from Seattle, ALL the fans were Very nice and even gave me a Ricky Williams Wig to wear, we lost, but it was the first Saints game on the road that I enjoyed..Then turned around and drove straight back..got home about 3 hours before work...

I can't remember what year but it was a Dome Patrol year and I believe Montana also at Candlestick. I believe we were tied with the 9ers for first and it was a classic battle back and forth. We were in the 3rd or 4th quater and San Fran had 1st and goal from like the 2 and could not get in. On 4th down I remember Vaughn Johnson screaming across the line of scrimmage, daring the 9ers to go for it. Man, he was really calling them out. They went for it, we stuffed them and I believe we went on to win the game and the division that year. Long time ago so my memory is kind of fuzzy. I guarantee some others will remember this.

This is the game that comes to mind for me also. Sorry don't remember much about the game either.

Morten kicking the game winner in 1987 several weeks after coulda woulda shoulda.

Wasn't it that game where Roger Craig was running outside the tackle and Vaughn Johnson nails him so hard that Craig flies back something like 7 yards? I don't remember that game so much, but I sure remember that hit. Craig said years later it was the hardest hit he ever had taken by far.

It might be that 87 game above that Morten kicked the game winner. There were so many battles with them back then. I remember a really good Monday nighter in the Dome. Montana beats us in the last minute. The Dome was rockin that night. People beating on the wall to the tune of de-fense. I remember a couple of games putting Steve Young out with a concusion or two. I guarantee if you ask Young who hit him the hardest and what team he loathed to play he would tell you the Saints. He knew when we played with the Dome Patrol he was gonna get hit hard and often. We used to knock the snot out of Montana too. They would usally win but it would be a war and very physical.

There was also a game in Candlestick where Ricky Jackson either knocked down a pass or sacked Montana late in the fourth quarter to beat the 9ers

That niners game had Mills, Johnson and Swilling all running over to the 49ers sideline, daring Siefert to go for it. I'll always remember that.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom