Favorite 49ers Moment (1 Viewer)

whodat16w

Pro-Bowler
Reaction score
There aren't many to choose from but my favorite is the 31-15 win in 2000. Up 28-0 at the half after having had four offensive possessions and scoring four touchdowns. Walking the halls of the Dome that day felt like heaven. I would say my favorite moment was the first Saints game that I remember attending (a 13-12 loss in 1991) but we lost the game. Any others?

the 100yd rushing Brooks game in the playoff season was nice. he was incredible in that game. it made me think we had found our qb to lead us to a bright future.

my first Saints game i attended was also against the 9ers, the year we started 5-0. don't remember much, except that we won.

the Coulda, Woulda, Shoulda moment by Mora in 1987, that was exactly what we needed for this team to be successful and it made us a good team, and it was after a loss to the Niners.

We needed that speech big time, it changed our franchise forever.

We started winning and with style too.

I dont think Jim Mora could do half the job his father did in New Orleans all those years ago, he doesnt have his father's touch, his father was a great man to me and many other Saints fans on this board, sure he may have quit but under those circumstances I may have done the same thing, he was just burned out from the stress and he stayed too long IMHO.

Thank you Jim mora for stirring that pot all those many years ago and making us a winner and making us a great team too and hopefully a dominant one too

The game that Delhome made the completion to Joe to end the game was the one that stands out to me but what stands out more is that it was Christmas Eve I think and one of the 49ers fans on the news said he was so embarrised to lose to the Saints after flying in from Ca. PRICELESS!!!!!!!!!!!!

Don't remember the year (was back in the Dome Patrol era) but my favorite memory was when they had a half time show with these fireworks that set fire to some of the burlap material on the Gondola. I remember sitting in the terrace watching the material smolder and then little flames suddenly popping up. The game had to be stopped while some guy crawled up there and tried to put it out. Some of the material fell to the turf still burning and one NO fireman came running out onto the field with a extinguisher and another with an axe. (I always wondered what the guy with the axe was gonna do with just an axe in his hand)

One of the assistant coaches on the sideline had already put out the flaming material with a cooler of gatoraide.

Before the game was stopped the players kept looking up and watching the action up above on the gondola.

We also won the game!!! (At least I think we did????)

DeBartolo's plea bargain.

The game that Delhome made the completion to Joe to end the game was the one that stands out to me but what stands out more is that it was Christmas Eve I think and one of the 49ers fans on the news said he was so embarrised to lose to the Saints after flying in from Ca. PRICELESS!!!!!!!!!!!!

That was the Ravens game in 2002 that Jake came in and threw a 3rd down completion to Joe to ice the game.

Brooks never came out of the 49ers game that year. I remember it specifically. Marucci let us score thinking that would give him enough time to come back. Was a good win against a really god team that year. It was in the Dome to. Thats probably my favorite 49ers win. The season looked so bright at that point.

That was the Ravens game in 2002 that Jake came in and threw a 3rd down completion to Joe to ice the game.

Brooks never came out of the 49ers game that year. I remember it specifically. Marucci let us score thinking that would give him enough time to come back. Was a good win against a really god team that year. It was in the Dome to. Thats probably my favorite 49ers win. The season looked so bright at that point.

Actually, it was the bucs game in 2002 when Brooks was injured and Delhomme iced the win in the dome.

And not to attack your memory but Mariucci let the Saints score a TD in the road game that year not the home game. We won the home game rather easily with Jeff Blake at QB

And not to attack your memory but Mariucci let the Saints score a TD in the road game that year not the home game. We won the home game rather easily with Jeff Blake at QB

That was 2000. In 2002 we played the 49ers one time...in the dome..and won after Marucci let us score late in the game.

BTW Large your right. It was that game where he hit joe for 10 yards and a 1st down on 3rd down. Jake also played in the Ravens game. For some reason I have a mental picture of that catch being in Baltimore but obviously I'm wrong.

Don't remember the year (was back in the Dome Patrol era) but my favorite memory was when they had a half time show with these fireworks that set fire to some of the burlap material on the Gondola. I remember sitting in the terrace watching the material smolder and then little flames suddenly popping up. The game had to be stopped while some guy crawled up there and tried to put it out. Some of the material fell to the turf still burning and one NO fireman came running out onto the field with a extinguisher and another with an axe. (I always wondered what the guy with the axe was gonna do with just an axe in his hand)

One of the assistant coaches on the sideline had already put out the flaming material with a cooler of gatoraide.

Before the game was stopped the players kept looking up and watching the action up above on the gondola.

We also won the game!!! (At least I think we did????)

this game was my first memory of the Saints! I was at this game as well and vaguely remember this happening and the stoppage of the game.

Does anyone remember what year this was? I'd have to guess 12 years ago or so..

There aren't many to choose from but my favorite is the 31-15 win in 2000. Up 28-0 at the half after having had four offensive possessions and scoring four touchdowns. Walking the halls of the Dome that day felt like heaven. I would say my favorite moment was the first Saints game that I remember attending (a 13-12 loss in 1991) but we lost the game. Any others?

I love the 2000 game, it holds a placed with me because it was the first game I ever took my son to. Driving fom alabama to florida to pick the kid up and then driving over to New Orleans for a great weekend. I remember watching Blakes bomb to Joe Horn rise up to eye level for us on the third level. It was an awesome sight.

Funny story from before I was a father. The Saints played San Fran on a sunday night on my birthday. My buddies gave me a saints shot glass and a bottle of absolute. I decided that I would take a shot every time the saints hit steve young. That was an experiment that had to end well before halftime. I don't know who was in more pain the following morning, me or young.

Another great game was in 94 I think. Watching Bates run all over the niners with two sprained ankles. He had a hard time getting to the huddle and to his alignment, but when they gave him the ball he was nothing but Nails.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom