Favorite But Underrated Movies (1 Viewer)

I watched the Stunt Man again recently

Not as good as I remembered but Peter O’Toole was riveting

I wish there was sequel just focusing on his character

“If God could do the tricks we can he’d be a happy man”

“How tall is King Kong?”

A lot of mine have been mentioned:
Memento
Salton Sea
Revolutionary Road
Donnie Darko

I'd add Garden State, A Bridge Too Far and Niagara.

Ok this is one of the greatest movies ever.

It is so underrated.

Shakes the clown.

Robin Williams is just unbelievable it. One of my all time favorite.

The Citizen Kane of alcoholic clown movies!

Here's a movie I loved in the '80s that's pretty much forgotten today -- hell, it was forgotten about a week after its release, despite the formidable talents of Tom Hanks, Dabney Coleman, Charles Durning, Edward Herrmann, Carrie Fisher, and, um, Jim Belushi.

Here's a movie I loved in the '80s that's pretty much forgotten today -- hell, it was forgotten about a week after its release, despite the formidable talents of Tom Hanks, Dabney Coleman, Charles Durning, Edward Herrmann, Carrie Fisher, and, um, Jim Belushi.

Saw it in the theater, and it was good.

To be fair, the original French film from which this one was re-made, Le grand blond avec une chaussure noire, is absolutely hysterical, even with the sub-titles. Highly recommended.

Fallen with Denzel Washington is underrated to me. So is Falling Down with Michael Douglas. I ask people about those movies and few have seen them.

And Predator isn't underrated but I don't think it's appreciated enough for what it is. It's almost the perfect 80s action movie. The story and directing were just unreal. It totally defies your expectations and blends genres. I think it's a masterpiece of the action genre. The one major mistake they made was to show us the spaceship coming down to earth in the first scene. Imagine watching that movie and not knowing that it was some sort of alien stalking them. Don't get me wrong the reveal of the Predator is still awesome but it could've been even better.

Fallen with Denzel Washington is underrated to me. So is Falling Down with Michael Douglas. I ask people about those movies and few have seen them.

And Predator isn't underrated but I don't think it's appreciated enough for what it is. It's almost the perfect 80s action movie. The story and directing were just unreal. It totally defies your expectations and blends genres. I think it's a masterpiece of the action genre. The one major mistake they made was to show us the spaceship coming down to earth in the first scene. Imagine watching that movie and not knowing that it was some sort of alien stalking them. Don't get me wrong the reveal of the Predator is still awesome but it could've been even better.
Fallen is pretty great. It has a nice creepy factor. I've turned on a lot of people to it.

Agree on fallen

I’ve seen Falling Down but other than the scene with the fast food burger don’t remember it

I agree with what you said about predator other than it being under appreciated

I think it’s considered exactly what you said

Perfect 80s action movie, perfect “guys” movie

When I first saw predator I missed the opening scene with the spaceship landing on earth, so I didn’t know that it was a sci fi movie

It’s one of my favorite movie watching experiences

Last edited:
When I first saw predator I missed the opening screen with the spaceship landing on earth, so I didn’t know that it was a sci fi movie

It’s one of my favorite movie watching experiences

Oh wow. I bet that was awesome! Without that opening scene the audience would be in the same boat as the characters in the movie. They would have absolutely no clue what was stalking them.

I thought of two more movies from my childhood that are underrated. Silver Bullet and The Monster Squad. Everybody gets caught up in The Goonies hoopla but The Monster Squad is right up there with it.

Kiss Kiss, Bang Bang

The Last Boy Scout

Payback(Mel Gibson)

Clerks II

Shaun of the Dead

I'm Gonna Git You, Sucka
Clerks II is one of the more underrated comedies of all time, IMHO. I will forever remember, unfortunately, "Kinky Kelly and the Sexy Stud." :dedhrse:
Agree.
I don't know if it's cause I actually saw Clerks II in theaters, while the original on VHS, but I think Clerks II is better.
I love Clerks II, but Dogma is my favorite Jay and Silent Bob movie.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom