Favorite But Underrated Movies (5 Viewers)

Oliver Stone's U-Turn is another movie I always enjoy, I would say it's underrated considering critics seemed to hate it.

Southland Tales was interesting....I'm not sure I would call it a "good" movie but it's definitely worth watching at least once.

no man’s land

not the wussy crybaby girlie movie.

the real one with charles “the ladies man tiger runs through my blood” sheen, d.b. “ice skater hockey pro extraordinaire” sweeney, and randy “shirtters full and i’m perfectly sane” quaid.

oh and anything with cate blanchett.
i may have been inebriated a few nights ago and meant to post this... mail lady just showed up with an amazon package; no man's land and pirates of silicon valley dvds

Get off his lawn.
yeah, that's why i added the ren/stimpy thing - i've noticed that people maybe 5 years younger then me and more are huge kevin smith fans
to me he had the sophistication of Porky's movies without the cinematography
now when you fellas were getting high watching Clerks 2 in moms basement, i was an insufferable art snob in NY - if i wanted gritty handheld character comedy with highly suspect acting,i was going with Jim Jarmusch
but Chasing Amy was the only one i saw in a theatre and i don't think ive ever been madder at a movie (except for Far and Away man, that was bad)
25 years later, i can only remember the anger, nothing really about the movie

yeah, that's why i added the ren/stimpy thing - i've noticed that people maybe 5 years younger then me and more are huge kevin smith fans
to me he had the sophistication of Porky's movies without the cinematography
now when you fellas were getting high watching Clerks 2 in moms basement, i was an insufferable art snob in NY - if i wanted gritty handheld character comedy with highly suspect acting,i was going with Jim Jarmusch
but Chasing Amy was the only one i saw in a theatre and i don't think ive ever been madder at a movie (except for Far and Away man, that was bad)
25 years later, i can only remember the anger, nothing really about the movie
so, at forty (next week, sigh), i still love clerks and clerks 2, but mallrats and whatever the others are called, are ok to watch once or twice, but they basically have the same people playing the same roles. starts to get into soap opera mode.

side note, i was invited to one of the jay & silent bob yearly bowling hangout whatever few days. i had to work. then, the second time i got in, was close to katrina and i couldn't make it anyway, birch hurricane or not. yeah, i used to post on their board a lot.

jay is awesome. have his autograph a few times.

didn't want to do this but you yung'uns are forcing me
Kevin Smith is the most overrated director ever
he is to movies what ren n stempy are to cartoons - niche enjoyment, but little more

i assume now you'll all be thanking me for letting you know

i agree with you about Kevin Smith but leave Ren & Stimpy out of this :mad:

Add another vote for all movies Kevin Smith, with the biggest nudge going to Chasing Amy.

Pool Hall Junkies is underrated but very good imo. Walken's speech at the end is pretty fantastic.

Little shop of horrors - 1986

Freaks

Hitchcock’s notorious (never gets mentioned with psycho, birds, vertigo)

The ring - I actually thought it was scarier than the Japanese original

Tom hanks the burbs ( not a great movie so it’s probably not underrated but I love it)

Moon - Sam rockwell

Last edited:
Battleship.

Just for the scene when they get help from the old guys and get that old battle ship out to sea with Thunderstruck playing in the background.

The rest.. meh.

A lot of good ones here so far, I'll add a few moar I didn't see listed...

Red Dawn
District 9
Kick arse
Old Boy (I like both versions)
Green Room
The Devil's Rejects
In Bruges
Baby Driver
Drive
Man on Fire
Leon the Professional
Tron (original and remake)
Sideways
American Gangster

I may revisit and add moar later...

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom