Favorite Car of the 1960s (1 Viewer)

Photo contest

Our minivan has the same 0-60 time as a '67 Mustang. And it has airbags, bluetooth, and really good A/C.
It all depends on the gear ratio. Indy cars for example are geared tall and need to be pushed out of the pits, They are not built for
the 1/4 mile. They are built for top end speed

I just saw this ‘70 Charger. The purple is pretty dope.

C6702314-276B-48BA-8517-CB23096ED529.jpeg

I think Moparians would call that purple "Plum Crazy"! And I'd have voted for any Challenger from about '68 to the early 70's. The thread title referenced "favorite car of the 1960s" and you posted a 1970. But technically, it was introduced in 1969, so judges should allow it. Chuck wins! end of thread...

I think Moparians would call that purple "Plum Crazy"! And I'd have voted for any Challenger from about '68 to the early 70's. The thread title referenced "favorite car of the 1960s" and you posted a 1970. But technically, it was introduced in 1969, so judges should allow it. Chuck wins! end of thread...
Dodges were Plum Crazy , Plymouths were In-Violet . There were no sixties Challengers , E-bodies started in '70 . There were 60's Barracudas , but those were A-bodies (think Dart . )

I love old cars, love looking at them - I can watch those classic car auction shows for hours. But I don't want one.

Our minivan has the same 0-60 time as a '67 Mustang. And it has airbags, bluetooth, and really good A/C.

Yup, totally true. Even mediocre cars of today would trounce many high performance cars of the 60s. It’s one reason I don’t actually own a 67 ‘stang. Most of the cars I own are either off roaders or high performance. That’s why I got a Raptor. I’m debating whether or not to get a used Porsche or C7 Vette as a 3rd car. Maybe I’ll hold off and wait for the C8s to hit the used market.

Yup, totally true. Even mediocre cars of today would trounce many high performance cars of the 60s. It’s one reason I don’t actually own a 67 ‘stang. Most of the cars I own are either off roaders or high performance. That’s why I got a Raptor. I’m debating whether or not to get a used Porsche or C7 Vette as a 3rd car. Maybe I’ll hold off and wait for the C8s to hit the used market.
The problem with this is including a 67 Mustang in a list of "high performance cars of the era" Even the Rcode Cobra Jet was a measly 335 hp and they ran in the 13s in the 1/4 mile as delivered . Plenty of stuff today will run 13's , not many are mediocre ... Actual factory high end cars ( say 68 Hurst Hemi Cuda ? ) ran in the 10's , stock , in the 1960's . Nothing remotely mediocre runs in the tens today or ever .

Dodges were Plum Crazy , Plymouths were In-Violet . There were no sixties Challengers , E-bodies started in '70 . There were 60's Barracudas , but those were A-bodies (think Dart . )

damn spell-check...I meant to type Charger. But sure enough, there in my post, it does say Challenger. Perhaps a freudian slip, as Challengers are my favorite Mopars. Pretty much any Challenger, or even Plymouth Roadrunners of a similar body style as the Challengers.

Back to your response. Thanks for the corrections! I think we found our resident Mopar expert?! I didn't know Plymouths had a different name for similar colors. Cool trivia!

1969 COPO Camaro. Body colored steel wheels and no external badging. Under the hood was the fearsome 427 aluminum block ZL1 engine with 425 HP. It was a sleeper

1589729639829.png

It all depends on the gear ratio. Indy cars for example are geared tall and need to be pushed out of the pits, They are not built for

Not to speak for Chuck, but I think he is talking about the actual 1967 Mustang or an accurate restoration of one. Sure, you could basically strip everything off of one and just keep the metal shell like drag racers do and a "67 Mustang" could blow the doors off of 2020 Shelby Cobra off the line. But it's really not a 67 Mustang anymore.

My '82 Chevy S-10 had a 4.11 rear. At 60 mph I was at 3200 rpm :covri:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom