Favorite Car of the 1960s (1 Viewer)

Photo contest

Didn't the old Chevy Vegas have a 4.11 rear?

Seem to remember a buddy of mine to used to do some dirt track racing telling me that the Vega rear ends were highly sought after in the racing community.

Maybe it was the Citation, or both.

1969 COPO Camaro. Body colored steel wheels and no external badging. Under the hood was the fearsome 427 aluminum block ZL1 engine with 425 HP. It was a sleeper

1589729639829.png

That car sure doesn't look like a sleeper to me. Lol. But yeah, the simple but effective presentation works.

That said. I've always been a bit more partial to the more flashy looking cars, like the Pontiacs and Dodges back in the day.

My dream car for today would be the Caddy CT6-V or CTS-V Sport. Sigh, someday, someday, lol.

1969 COPO Camaro. Body colored steel wheels and no external badging. Under the hood was the fearsome 427 aluminum block ZL1 engine with 425 HP. It was a sleeper

1589729639829.png
Technically not a production car , but very cool for a mullet-toter ...

Didn't the old Chevy Vegas have a 4.11 rear?

Seem to remember a buddy of mine to used to do some dirt track racing telling me that the Vega rear ends were highly sought after in the racing community.

Maybe it was the Citation, or both.
Around here they were doing the V-8 swap in the Vegas. Drop in the 350 SBC and a Nova front end, and it was off to the tracks.

It all depends on the gear ratio. Indy cars for example are geared tall and need to be pushed out of the pits, They are not built for
the 1/4 mile. They are built for top end speed

While this is true, I suspect my Pacifica can take a '67 Stang (289) on the top end too. :hihi:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom