Favorite Car of the 1960s (1 Viewer)

GrayMatter78

aka Klenzade
Administrator
Tech-Admin
Reaction score
Sticky Post
What is your favorite car of the '60s?

So, a new feature we are playing with is a picture contest and this is an example of that. Post a picture, and it will create a thumbnail at the top. Vote on the post and the order of thumbnails will change by the number of votes received.

zeetes

yo’ robbie fordz fo lyfe
VIP Subscribing Member
Reaction score
My mom's first car was a brand new GTO ('66 iirc), the only difference between hers and the photo is hers was a convertible.
my mom's first car was a some year 442 cutlass. she was drunk one night and bragged about the guys she "had" in it. sigh.

my grandfather took it away after she wrecked it about a dozen times (mostly hitting poles).

then, around the time i was born till maybe 5? had a powder blue nova with white interior.

Marty_Graw

Don't Rain on My Parade
Reaction score
A "ride share" driver once posed the following question to me " Do you mind if I drive a bit above the speed limit?" To which I replied, "I don't really care about how fast you can drive, I care more about how fast you can stop. "

HP isn't everything. Braking and cornering are for more important to me than how fast you can drive in a straight line with little to no traffic surrounding you.

Z28Saints fan

no mo' losin'
Reaction score
A "ride share" driver once posed the following question to me " Do you mind if I drive a bit above the speed limit?" To which I replied, "I don't really care about how fast you can drive, I care more about how fast you can stop. "

HP isn't everything. Braking and cornering are for more important to me than how fast you can drive in a straight line with little to no traffic surrounding you.
The same could be said for any car with or without any traffic around them.

St. Widge

Socially Distant
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I'm guessing you didn't click , absolutely no chance you run lap times anywhere close to that car in a miata ... It's a 5 link with active electro magnetic shocks and adjustable bars ...
I get it , Miatas are fun , but that's just silly . This is not Billy Joe's Camaro from back in the day .
MX-5 skidpad averaged .91g , very respectable . The ZL1 1LE averaged 1.12 , it would pass you at will at any point on the track .
I don't believe I said anything about the ZL1 1LE. I'm talking about he average Camarao, not the supped up pseudo race car. I mean, you are talking about a $60,000 plus dollar car compared to a car that costs less than $30,000. I would hope it could pass a $30,000.

amused

that's why you're here
Reaction score
I don't believe I said anything about the ZL1 1LE. I'm talking about he average Camarao, not the supped up pseudo race car. I mean, you are talking about a $60,000 plus dollar car compared to a car that costs less than $30,000. I would hope it could pass a $30,000.
You quoted my post that specifically was about the ZL1 1LE , so yeah you did and no , you weren't . Nice try tho ....

St. Widge

Socially Distant
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
In 2010 they did add independent rear suspension...it can probably out-corner your MX-5....not by much though.A 1LE, however, will though.
No doubt the 1LE would blow my doors off. And I'm not claiming my car is some race machine and I was really just messing with you guys. But, for the price, it's hard to beat it's handling and power to weight ratio.

That being said, add some racing shocks, bigger breaks, and drop a 6 cylinder with twin turbos in the MX-5 like they do at Flying Miata, and I think it would more than hold it's own.

Z28Saints fan

no mo' losin'
Reaction score
I'm just saying
No doubt the 1LE would blow my doors off. And I'm not claiming my car is some race machine and I was really just messing with you guys. But, for the price, it's hard to beat it's handling and power to weight ratio.

That being said, add some racing shocks, bigger breaks, and drop a 6 cylinder with twin turbos in the MX-5 like they do at Flying Miata, and I think it would more than hold it's own.
I know,just saying. I wish that I too could add better stuff to my SS to make it better or faster than the next car but that's not me.I like my car's performance as it is...an old Camaro maybe but probably not.

St. Widge

Socially Distant
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
You must don't hang out with many car guys ... I feel disgustingly filthy talking up any Camaro , but I keeps it real , maybe try it ...
I don't hang out with car guys. My Dad was in the automobile business for 40 or so years in the Parts Department and a little time as a mechanic so I know a little bit about cars, but I'm far from an expert. I have and know how to work on cars, at least cars made before the 90s, but I haven't done it in many years. But, although my Dad worked for GM dealerships for many years, he never really go into the whole manufacturer rivalry thing. But I do find it amusing (heh) when other people get worked up about it.

amused

that's why you're here
Reaction score
I don't hang out with car guys. My Dad was in the automobile business for 40 or so years in the Parts Department and a little time as a mechanic so I know a little bit about cars, but I'm far from an expert. I have and know how to work on cars, at least cars made before the 90s, but I haven't done it in many years. But, although my Dad worked for GM dealerships for many years, he never really go into the whole manufacturer rivalry thing. But I do find it amusing (heh) when other people get worked up about it.
You jimmy rustler , you ...

amused

that's why you're here
Reaction score
I've been trying to get into a good argument here , and it's just not working out ...

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Headlines

Top Bottom