Photo contest

GrayMatter78

aka Klenzade
Staff member
Administrator
Tech-Admin
Reaction score
What is your favorite car of the '60s?

So, a new feature we are playing with is a picture contest and this is an example of that. Post a picture, and it will create a thumbnail at the top. Vote on the post and the order of thumbnails will change by the number of votes received.

I’ve always been a fan of the GM A body. The 66-67 longer body (like my 66 GTO) is nice, but my personal favorite is the 69-72 long hood/short deck versions of the GTO/SS/GS and 4-4-2.

Attachments

• 673BADA4-87EA-40E5-AE69-565C050268C1.jpeg
    673BADA4-87EA-40E5-AE69-565C050268C1.jpeg
    70.2 KB · Views: 6
'66 Mercury Comet Caliente'

First car I ever owned. Bought it used, off the neighbor for $1.00, when I was 16-years old. My parents house and her house had a common backyard so I'd mow her lawn when doing ours, She got to the age where she could no longer drive, so she sold me the Comet (said she couldn't just give it to me but sold it to me for a buck). Of course, I covered all the transfer fees and such.

2 door, 289 V-8, probably weighed about 10-tons, but it was a beast. Trunk was about the size of a modern day hot tub.

Somewhat similar to the image below, but it had some odd, synthetic, pebbly black substance applied to the roof and down to the quarter panels to give appearances of a vinyl top I suppose. Also had slightly different "dog dish" style hubcaps and 3 chevrons on the fenders, rather than whatever is shown in that image.

Learned many a valuable lesson in that car; most memorable was that you should never go too heavy with Armor All on a split-bench vinyl seat. Took a hard left-turn and nearly slid out of the passenger side door. Since then, I've been a staunch proponent of seatbelts.

Screen Shot 2020-05-16 at 10.10.58 AM.png

Last edited:
Dodge Charger

1589642956793.png

Volkswagon Beetle

1589643505659.png

First car I ever drove was a VW Bug. My neighbor was desperate for cash when I was a kid, so for $1 got to drive his car in the parking lot. Almost crashed it though. Driving a manual transmission was a huge learning curve at that moment. My friend's sister let me drive her Honda Civic, almost burned out the clutch getting home. Both times didn't have a license. Now I think manual transmissions are the best. You just feel like you have way more control of the vehicle.

VW Bus

1589644415146.png

Funny that you posted this thread, i was actually checking this out on Bringatrailer this morning, and drooling over it:

7A0D248F-AB08-4AE4-9DC6-8E92157DD673.jpeg

i also love the 1969 Dodge Chargers a la the ‘General Lee.’ (ETA: sonic boom beat me to that one)

My unquestioned favorite is the 67 Mustang GT Fastback.
2nd place is a 63 Corvette Stingray Split Window. I'd take a normal fastback as well but the split window is a special car.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom