Favorite Car of the 1960s (1 Viewer)

Photo contest

A buddy of mine had a '69 Camaro with a worked 396. Unfortunately it started out life with the 250 straight-6 and Danny left the radiator from that iteration when he added the big-block. He'd do 2 passes up and down Coastal Highway in Ocean City and have to stop and add water :hihi:
My favorite was always the goobers that planted a big-block in a 6cyl car , left the 4 wheel drum brakes and stock suspension , and then acted surprised from the ditch ...

My favorite was always the goobers that planted a big-block in a 6cyl car , left the 4 wheel drum brakes and stock suspension , and then acted surprised from the ditch ...
It sounds as though you've met Danny. He's the same talented but lazy high-school baseball player who was benched for sloppy play. He get's beered-up that night and decides to go do a donut in the coach's front yard. Should have checked his gas gauge, he ran out of gas...in the front yard :ezbill:

1589647724886.png

Then there's the "Bullitt" Mustang made famous by Steve McQueen.
My rebel cousin had a 67 Fastback 289. She'd come and pick up me and my buddy, and take us to do things our parents wouldn't allow. We'd go to movies like Bullitt and Bonny and Clyde when we were 12-13 years old. Tommy had the worst crush on her. "Hey, do you think Barbra will come over this weekend?"

Barbra was 8 years older than me. A tall, statuesque redhead with a beautiful figure, she was the epitome of the term Flower Child. She used to wash the car clad in a white bikini, and my aunt lost track of the amount of accidents she caused on their busy road :hihi:

Last edited:
My rebel cousin had a 67 Fastback 289. She'd come and pick up my and my buddy, and take us to do things our parents wouldn't allow. We'd go to movies like Bullitt and Bonny and Clyde when we were 12-13 years old. Tommy had the worst crush on her. "Hey, do you think Barbra will come over this weekend?"

Barbra was 8 years older than me. A tall, statuesque redhead with a beautiful figure, she was the epitome of the term Flower Child. She used to wash the car clad in a white bikini, and my aunt lost track of the amount of accidents she caused on their busy road :hihi:
pics?

1969-DODGE-CHARGER-DAYTONA-main-nw.jpg

69 Charger Daytona

608.jpg

Shelby Cobra

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom