Favorite Car of the 1960s (1 Viewer)

Photo contest

I don't believe I said anything about the ZL1 1LE. I'm talking about he average Camarao, not the supped up pseudo race car. I mean, you are talking about a $60,000 plus dollar car compared to a car that costs less than $30,000. I would hope it could pass a $30,000.
You quoted my post that specifically was about the ZL1 1LE , so yeah you did and no , you weren't . Nice try tho ....

In 2010 they did add independent rear suspension...it can probably out-corner your MX-5....not by much though.A 1LE, however, will though.

No doubt the 1LE would blow my doors off. And I'm not claiming my car is some race machine and I was really just messing with you guys. But, for the price, it's hard to beat it's handling and power to weight ratio.

That being said, add some racing shocks, bigger breaks, and drop a 6 cylinder with twin turbos in the MX-5 like they do at Flying Miata, and I think it would more than hold it's own.

Lol. Don't take yourself so seriously.
You must don't hang out with many car guys ... I feel disgustingly filthy talking up any Camaro , but I keeps it real , maybe try it ...

I'm just saying
No doubt the 1LE would blow my doors off. And I'm not claiming my car is some race machine and I was really just messing with you guys. But, for the price, it's hard to beat it's handling and power to weight ratio.

That being said, add some racing shocks, bigger breaks, and drop a 6 cylinder with twin turbos in the MX-5 like they do at Flying Miata, and I think it would more than hold it's own.
I know,just saying. I wish that I too could add better stuff to my SS to make it better or faster than the next car but that's not me.I like my car's performance as it is...an old Camaro maybe but probably not.

You must don't hang out with many car guys ... I feel disgustingly filthy talking up any Camaro , but I keeps it real , maybe try it ...

I don't hang out with car guys. My Dad was in the automobile business for 40 or so years in the Parts Department and a little time as a mechanic so I know a little bit about cars, but I'm far from an expert. I have and know how to work on cars, at least cars made before the 90s, but I haven't done it in many years. But, although my Dad worked for GM dealerships for many years, he never really go into the whole manufacturer rivalry thing. But I do find it amusing (heh) when other people get worked up about it.

I don't hang out with car guys. My Dad was in the automobile business for 40 or so years in the Parts Department and a little time as a mechanic so I know a little bit about cars, but I'm far from an expert. I have and know how to work on cars, at least cars made before the 90s, but I haven't done it in many years. But, although my Dad worked for GM dealerships for many years, he never really go into the whole manufacturer rivalry thing. But I do find it amusing (heh) when other people get worked up about it.
You jimmy rustler , you ...

I've been trying to get into a good argument here , and it's just not working out ...

What have you done to it?
it is basically a more powerful sti ('04 same motor as the sti, lighter, just without some of the upgrades) with normal upgrades, headers, exhaust, must larger intercooler, cobb modified td05h turbo, i have beaten m3s, bmw diesels with ridiculous upgrades (lol @ my brother who doubted). a few more upgrades etc, my memory isn't great. plus it hast a rusted brake line and i have only started ot several times over the last few years.

for subarus, it really is a decent monster.

That was the true beauty of GM. Parts from their various divisions were interchangeable. I had a 77 monza spyder The intake came of a
68 olds 442 and the headers came off a 69 pontiac firebird. Junkyards were literally gold mines for shopping back in my hot rodding days
No you didn’t, not unless someone had cahnged engines. The 68 4-4-2 would’ve used a 400 Oldsmobile engine which is very much different than a 69 firebird which would’ve used either a 350 or 400 Pontiac engine, which had absolutely no interchangeability to the 350/400 small block Chevy. I’ve built all 3. GM didn’t go corporate until the 73 year as a whole and that was because of emissions and it was cheaper to certify 1 engine/transmission than a bunch of similar ones. The Pontiac 400 couldn’t pass California emissions which is why California firebirds and trans ams had the 403 Olds engine. Yet again entirely different engine families. ( which is why my wife’s 77Trans Am was rebuilt with a W-30 455 Olds instead of the 455 HO Pontiac engine that was laying in the garage.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom