Favorite "educational" show as a kid? (1 Viewer)

Yo Oye, I think we watched a lot of the same stuff. Glad to see Pee Wee and Square One get some love! I imagine that a lot of folks in Who Dat land also watched Buckskin Bill.

Gilligan's Island. The Professor could take bamboo and fix a transistor radio. But the real education was Ginger and Mary Ann :love: . Prior to this...Mr. Rodgers and Prior to that...Captain Kangaroo.

Yo Oye, I think we watched a lot of the same stuff. Glad to see Pee Wee and Square One get some love! I imagine that a lot of folks in Who Dat land also watched Buckskin Bill.

"Buckskin Bill says, 'You're never completely dressed 'till you put on a smile!' Thanks for being so nice to me and remember Baton Rouge needs a zoo!" still stuck in my head. :hihi:

Yes, I helped buy Penny the Elephant. Every kid from Denham Springs to Zachary dug up every penny they could find. I rec all they even brought a change counting machine onto the Buckskin Bill Show. The cartoons on Bill's show included the WWII propaganda cartoons from Popeye to Looney Tunes that you won't see unless you really dig around on the Internet now.

Mutual of Omaha's Wild Kingdom was good.
The Wonderful World of Disney/Wonderful World of Color had the best nature shows. Later, we'd learn that most were artificially staged and not really accurate.
I loved Red Skelton, Danny Kaye, Bob Hope, Dean Martin, Green Acres, Beverly Hillbillies, Gilligan's Island, The Munsters . . .
We had two TV channels, and I had the schedules memorized within a week after the new programs began every September.
Yes, I had to go outside and turn the antenna if we wanted to change from WAFB to WBRZ. LOL!

Does He-Man and The Masters Of The Universe count? There was always like a moral woven into every single episode which they touched upon at the end of each show.

mr whoopee on tennessee tuxedo always gave a great science lesson. i can still make an awesome paper balloon that i learned on Zoom.

Electric company
Kaptain kangaroo
The rifleman
The Lone Ranger

I know the last 2 are not considered educational, but they always taught lessons in value.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom