Favorite "Had to Be There Moment" from the SuperDome (1 Viewer)

SaintKenKen

Delusional Optimist
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
My favorite all time "had to be there moment" was when Gleason blocked the punt vs Atlanta

BUT...I gotta say I really enjoyed a moment from yesterday's demolition of the Eagles...

Its sometime around the end of the 3rd Quarter or beginning of the 4th, SuperDome starts playing "Stand Up and Get Crunk" followed by some other club hits. Michael Thomas, Mark Ingram, and Alvin Kamara are on the sideline dancing likes its Saturday night in the club with no cares in the world. There was still an entire quarter of football to play against the defending Super Bowl champs and we were so far ahead and rolling so well that our stars don't have to prep for the next series. They can just dance.

The team chemistry is amazing with this group.

Agreed. Also liked Ingram and Kamara with the airheads. Don't know if that made it onto the TV broadcast, but that was a nice moment.

My favorite all time "had to be there moment" was when Gleason blocked the punt vs Atlanta

BUT...I gotta say I really enjoyed a moment from yesterday's demolition of the Eagles...

Its sometime around the end of the 3rd Quarter or beginning of the 4th, SuperDome starts playing "Stand Up and Get Crunk" followed by some other club hits. Michael Thomas, Mark Ingram, and Alvin Kamara are on the sideline dancing likes its Saturday night in the club with no cares in the world. There was still an entire quarter of football to play against the defending Super Bowl champs and we were so far ahead and rolling so well that our stars don't have to prep for the next series. They can just dance.

The team chemistry is amazing with this group.

I can't remember if it was to Choppa or to Manny Fresh, but I remember posting in the chat room (works ok while sitting in the Dome) how much those three were having fun on the sideline. There were several times that happened. AK41 had a solo, CGM had one, then there was the aforementioned trio routine. The entire Dome was rocking at that point.

I wasn’t there for the Gleason play.

My favorite Saints moment in the dome was when I was there beating the Eagles in the 2006 playoffs when Deuce had 23 carries for 143 yards & a TD while running that clock out for the win!!!

But sorry for the only Saints fans on here, my favorite all time moment in the Dome was watching LSU beat Oklahoma for the National Championship in 2003!

Definitely my favorite moment was when Gleason blocked the punt in the Saints homecoming game (Loudest I've ever heard the Dome). Close behind are the 2009 NFC championship game against Vikings and the game when Turley ripped the guys helmet off and threw it in the game against the Jets (multiple fights broke out in the nose bleeds near me, was nuts!).

my favorite dome experience was being there for the Eagles playoff game in 06. I was convince we were screwed when Reggie fumbled that pitch.

Agreed. Also liked Ingram and Kamara with the airheads. Don't know if that made it onto the TV broadcast, but that was a nice moment.

They showed it from a side angle. If you didn't know Kamara and the Airhead story line I doubt anyone would've known it was Kamara's personal airheads that Ingram was pointing out.

The interception on Favre. Craziest I’ve ever seen it at a sporting event.

Lots of awesome times during the eight seasons I had tickets (well, seven if you discount the Katrina year). During the Super Bowl year, we of course played the Giants. Both teams came in 5-0 and we smoked 'em, as y'all remember. A guy sitting a few rows ahead came dressed as the Statue of Liberty and kept taunting some guy wearing an Osi Umenyora jersey. Kept clutching the book and torch tighter with each touchdown while making faces at him :) They kept it in decent humor, though. No hard feelings afterward.

Regardless of the outcome, the kickoff for the 1st ever playoff game in the dome! Everybody remembers their 1st, much special has happened since but ...

I will swear to the day I die that I was the first person in the dome to notice Bellicheck pull Brady in 09.

Greatest moment ever.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom