Favorite "Had to Be There Moment" from the SuperDome (1 Viewer)

I fully believe in manifestation and believe i made this happen: company paid trip to New Orleans and on top of that they had a Home Game that week. For a NJ resident and a die hard Saints fan since '06: this was my dream come true.

Never will i feel the energy and perfection seeing Drew Brees go 11-11 in the last 4 mins of the Redskins game to force over time and win the game, Knowing that any mistake, any incompletion or missed 2 point attempt, can hinder your whole chance for a comeback. Drew Brees is incredible. And im extremely grateful to be there last year. Thank you for the hospitality and women, New Orleans.

Getting an overhead view of the gleason block in the endzone i was sitting at.... no camera angle exists from my vantage point that ive seen of the play, but my memory is the best replay i can think of

HAKIM DROPS THE BALL! The Gleason block was special, and the 2009 Vikings game was incredible.... but that one moment in time is forever etched in my brain. The sick feeling we all felt giving the Rams the ball back to complete and utter joy. I think you had to be in the dome to really feel it.

I was there for Gleason's block and when Hakim dropped the ball, top two for sure.

Hakim dropped the ball was glorious. I hugged about 500 people that night on the way to the Quarter.

Easy answers aside...

Another great moment was Reggie's rookie year punt return TD vs Tampa. Roof blew off the Dome and that was probably the moment everyone knew the team was officially going to be a contender in the NFC that year.

If you were there for the re-opening of the Dome and the Gleason block, you know that it's the only possible answer to this question.

I wasn't there for Gleason's block so I have to back to Gilliams TD on the first ever Saints possession. And when we beat Philly for our first ever win.

Hmmmm, favorite had to be there moment.....probably my first game. I was around 8 years old, drank too much root beer and had to take a leak. Went into the nearest bathroom and noticed that it was kind of odd to have a round urinal in the middle of the bathroom. But hey, I 'm 8 and don't know any better so I'll just take care of business. Just about finishing up when up strolls a guy who laughs, get some soap from the dispenser and presses the bar at the base of this round "urinal" so he can wash his hands. I quickly booked it back to my seat.

Getting an overhead view of the gleason block in the endzone i was sitting at.... no camera angle exists from my vantage point that ive seen of the play, but my memory is the best replay i can think of
Agreed. I was in the Terrace Endzone where it happened and its permanently etched in my brain. Such an awesome feeling then and the rest of the night. Saints fans were so happy, they were hugging the Falcons fans with Vick jersey's everywhere. Great great great night.

Hmmmm, favorite had to be there moment.....probably my first game. I was around 8 years old, drank too much root beer and had to take a leak. Went into the nearest bathroom and noticed that it was kind of odd to have a round urinal in the middle of the bathroom. But hey, I 'm 8 and don't know any better so I'll just take care of business. Just about finishing up when up strolls a guy who laughs, get some soap from the dispenser and presses the bar at the base of this round "urinal" so he can wash his hands. I quickly booked it back to my seat.

DUDE!!! This totally happened to me too!

Except I was 22. And drunk. lol

Sitting in the middle of a bunch of Jets fans when Turley tossed the helmet. Those guys started hooting and hollering at Turley then they realized the rest of the section wasn't having it. They must have thought they were at Custer's Last Stand because they all sat down.

After Hakim dropped the ball, a Rams fan took off his Warner jersey and went up and down the aisle trying to give it away. Nobody wanted it. :hihi:

This is a tough question, as I've been at most games for 3 decades (and most before that we were lucky not to be at ;)).

3. Hakim Drops the Ball: The entire complexion of the game had changed. The Rams were going to score if they got the ball back. They had proven that repeatedly in the second half. Suddenly our first playoff win is in serious jeopardy.

2. Favre Pick / Hartley Kick: Obviously these get lumped together given their significance and tie to each other. Pigs have flown indeed. Going to a Super Bowl > Hakim Drops the Ball.

1. Gleason Block: So much pent up...not rage or bitterness or even sadness necessarily, but just pent up emotion that you can't describe. The pre-game shows, U2 and Green Day and Trombone Shorty...Toussaint and Thomas anthem...a 3 and out. And boom. Talk about perfect timing and a crescendo.

I've said it before on here. Obviously, for most, the greatest play in Saints history is Porter's Super Bowl sealing Pick 6. I think Porter's interception, in many ways, saved the Saints Super Bowl and let out a release every Saints fan ever could feel. But Gleason's block "saved" the City of New Orleans, and Saints fan or not, you felt it and all was OK for the moment and the future.

First Playoff win vs the Rams, ..dancing in the aisles, ..kissing perfect strangers, ... tears of joy, ... we were winners.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom