Favorite Michael Jackson Album (1 Viewer)

Favorite Michael Jackson Album

• Off the Wall

Votes: 11 28.2%
  • Thriller

Votes: 25 64.1%
  • Bad

Votes: 3 7.7%
  • Dangerous

Votes: 1 2.6%
  • Other

Votes: 2 5.1%

• Total voters

Optimus Prime

Subscribing Member
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Today is Michael Jackson's birthday

There was discussion on what people's favorite MJ album was on the radio

I assumed that Thriller would have been the runaway winner but it wasn't

In fact it came in 3rd behind Bad and Dangerous which I thought was very interesting

Thriller is and always has been very special to me. I got the cassette for my birthday when I was eight years old, I don't know how often I listened to it.

I was listening to the album recently on a streaming service on shuffle and I ended up turning it off because the order of the songs are burned into my memory and any other order sounds just wrong to me

Don't get me wrong, I love the Jackson 5 songs ( I listed I want you back in the favorite song of all time thread), I love the Epic Jacksons albums, I love the other 3 albums of the MJ "Big 4" (Off the Wall, Thriller, Bad & Dangerous), I love some songs off each of his later albums

But for me, Thriller stands above them, and way above at that

What's your favorite Michael Jackson album?

I listed the Big 4 in the poll plus Other, I can't imagine that many people think that History or Invincible or any of his solo Motown albums are his best

If you don't like MJ or his music no need to say so, don't be that guy

mj off the wall.jpgmj thriller.jpgbad.jpgmj dangerous.jpg

Last edited:
I assumed that Thriller would have been the runaway winner but it wasn't

In fact in came in 3rd behind Bad and Dangerous which I thought was very interesting
Thriller is so important as a cultural landmark that it's hard to discuss it on a strictly musical basis. But, if I were picking an alternative to Thriller it would be Off the Wall, not one of the later ones. I've always preferred the music of the young, handsome, unaltered, apparently healthy, "normal" MJ to the later weirder one.

Last edited:
MIchael Jackson is no longer having birthdays, just sayin. Unless he is a zombie.

giphy.gif

Thriller. Hands down from start to finish

Thriller.

My 10 yr old daughter found MJ about 3 months ago.

In this order, our drive to school is
Billie Jean ( and she swears it's "the janitors not my son)
Thriller
Pyt
Beat it.

And I tell her every time of PYT and Skate Country.

Yeah hands down.. Thriller

Got in car to get oldest from swim... Ch 48 ch 50 all playing MJ.

Shoulda read OP first sentence lol I'm like OK this is freaky. Haha

I don’t think he did any of that lades.
The parents of the kids who pushed the allegations had a history of filing frivolous lawsuits against others. Wal Mart was one such other they went against in a money grab. I dug into it some years back.

It’s impossible to argue with Thriller. The dancing, his concerts man the whole thing was simply one of those rare moments in time. However if I was to choose another one that I like it would probably be Off the Wall. Although parts of Bad were probably my favorite Jackson songs.

The answer is Thriller.

But, I guess I can understand the reluctance.. the first three songs aren't for everyone. .. But Thriller, Billie Jean, Beat it and PYT are very strong.

Off the wall is ok.. first two tracks are tight.

Bad would be a close second place...

Bad is a great track. The way you make me feel is good. Man in the mirror can be a bit cheesy, but it's good. The video is great. Dirty Diana is cool. Speed Demon is the weirdest video to me.. song is kinda meh. I just can't stop loving you is ok. Smooth Criminal is fantastic.

Dangerous has a couple good ones.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom